The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Galumph, Leon_C, Rocco, Hvizsgyak, P.W.
5,984 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 246 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,389
Posts416,722
Members5,984
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
T
OP Offline
T
Moscow Patriarchate denies reports about a Kirill-Francis meeting in Latin America

Nina Achmatova
01/27/2016
http://www.asianews.it/news-en/Mosc...ncis-meeting-in-Latin-America-36509.html

The Russian Orthodox Church rules out any get-together when the two leaders travel to Cuba and Mexico in February. A report about a possible meeting in a third country recently appeared in Italian media.

Moscow (AsiaNews) – The Moscow Patriarchate has denied recent reports in Italian media of a possible meeting next month in Latin America between the pope and the primate of the Russian Orthodox Church.

"The Patriarch and the Pope's Latin American visit programs do not intersect," said Hieromonk Stefan (Igumnov), Russian Orthodox Church's spokesman for inter-Christian relations.

"The leader of the Russian Orthodox Church and the head of the Roman Catholic one will be visiting completely different countries, albeit on the same continent," he added.

The spokesman notes that the topic of a meeting between Kirill and Francis is raised in the media from time to time and was repeatedly commented upon by Church officials who said that "a discussion of its possibility is invariably present on the agenda of the bilateral relations, but no specific time and place of such a meeting have yet been stipulated."

In fact, talk about the leaders of the two sister churches possibly meeting in a third country has been going on for years. Italian weekly L'Espresso is the latest to suggest this possibility since both Pope Francis and Patriarch Kirill will travel to Latin America next month, to Mexico and Cuba respectively.

At the same time, “Everyone knows that he is the pope of surprises. If he wants to make a change to his schedule, he will certainly do so,” said Captain Domenico Giani, inspector general of the Vatican Gendarmerie, at the end of a security inspection to Mexico, where Francis will visit on 12-18 February.

U
U
Originally Posted by bkovacs
I'm glad their not meeting!. Francis is nothing more than a Pope who wants to be a mainline Protestant anyway. Hope he resigns this year!. God bless Patriarchate Kirill!. My feelings!

That's not your feelings, but your thoughts. I find your thoughts to be untrue, absurd and, worst of all, unChristian. Forgiveness Sunday is not far away; may I suggest a long, profound prostration, or, perhaps, we can put you outside the church door, in the snow, like Henry.

B
B
Originally Posted by Utroque
I'm glad their not meeting!. Francis is nothing more than a Pope who wants to be a mainline Protestant anyway. Hope he resigns this year!. God bless Patriarchate Kirill!. My feelings!

That's not your feelings, but your thoughts. I find your thoughts to be untrue, absurd and, worst of all, unChristian. Forgiveness Sunday is not far away; may I suggest a long, profound prostration, or, perhaps, we can put you outside the church door, in the snow, like Henry.

Look, I have never in my lifetime seen a pope who could provoke such wide-ranging love/hate or disagreements and opinions. I have a good friend who says Francis is a bumbling fool not worthy to sit on the throne of Peter. I, on the other hand, recommend him to God with the prayer that I don't understand him and can't classify him as good or bad.

U
U

U
U
Brother Roger received the Catholic sacrament of the Eucharist at the Catholic Mass celebrated every morning in his monastery, and he received the sacrament from both Pope John Paul II and Pope Benedict XVI, seemingly in contravention of canonical prohibitions on administering the sacrament to those not in full communion with the Roman Catholic Church. According to Cardinal Walter Kasper, this was accomplished as though there was a tacit understanding between Brother Roger and the Catholic Church "crossing certain confessional" and canonical barriers through what Brother Roger called a gradual enrichment of his faith with the foundations of the Catholic Church including "the ministry of unity exercised by the bishop of Rome."

More food for you and your youtube friends to feed on.

Watch this episode.

This is an SSPX source who are in schism from the Catholic Church so blah-blah-blah - what is it going to take? How about restoration of full communion with Rome by these people who think they are more Catholic than Rome or the Pope!

And what is the difference between the SSPX and the Lutherans this segment decries so much? Both separated from the Catholic Church because they believed their interpretation about what the Church should be teaching overruled that by Rome.

This fellow on this station quotes a Pope who condemned what Pope Francis will do.

OK, then where was the SSPX when, in 1015, a Roman pope decreed that the Filioque should be added to the Nicene Creed where it never was before? And a whole list of add-ons that came later?

Is the SSPX condemning those things as well? Can't it be fair?

I may not be very "pastoral" in my approach here, but then again, I don't have to be.

Alex

O
O
Well - there appears to be an interesting update on the original post

EWTN say they WILL meet [ewtnnews.com]

“The Holy See and the Patriarchate of Moscow are pleased to announce that, by the grace of God, His Holiness Pope Francis and His Holiness Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia will meet on February 12 next,” a joint Feb. 5 press release from the Vatican and the Russian Orthodox Church read. ..........

B
B
AP says they are meeting on Feb. 12.

meeting [hosted.ap.org]

Why don't YOU stop acting like a Protestant and stop attacking the Pope?

I thought you Latin Trad types were against the "schismatical Orthodox."

They are your allies now?

Alex

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.