The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Galumph, Leon_C, Rocco, Hvizsgyak, P.W.
5,984 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 238 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,389
Posts416,722
Members5,984
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#415476 04/11/16 03:21 PM
B
OP Offline
B
This forum seems to be getting very slow! Do you think lots of members have gone to the Facebook Byzantine Catholic Page? I left that page because it seemed that most posters and comments were from traditional Tridentines, former protestants and some now Orthodox, and a lot of rambling non "byzantine" confused inquirers with questions that have the same alswers.

I miss some of the old regulars, and wonder what happened to them. StuartK, Apotheoun, Dr. Roman, IrishMelkite, Mardukum, MorEphrem, Chaldean Mar Thoma Catholic, and some other former regulars seem to be elsewhere

MorEphrem appears to be a moderator at OrthodoxChristianity.net.

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
I'm here Michael biggrin - just haven't been posting a lot of late, but still reading. After I get past the busy season at work (later this week - 4/15 being the magic day), I expect that I'll be more visible. Thomas is correct, Phil/Mor Ephrem is pretty actively moderating at OC. Stuart posts pretty heavily on FB these days. Can't speak much for the others, although I think Alex Roman/Orthodox Catholic has been active relatively recently.

Art is correct that there are a lot of folks whom we know to be found posting at that group on FB and his observations about it are on the money. It's reminiscent of some of the old threads here at times when we were bombarded by influxes of Latins. But, it some ways it's worse - because the continuity of threads isn't there - so one sees the same issues beaten to a pulp over and over again.

Many years,

Neil

"One day all our ethnic traits ... will have disappeared. Time itself is seeing to this. And so we can not think of our communities as ethnic parishes, ... unless we wish to assure the death of our community."
B
B
I am glad our chocolate lovers of the true faith are still with us. :-)

Moderated by  Irish Melkite, theophan 

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.