The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Galumph, Leon_C, Rocco, Hvizsgyak, P.W.
5,984 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 246 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,389
Posts416,722
Members5,984
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#416491 11/13/16 11:31 PM
M
OP Offline
M

I'm in the U.S.! Can anyone tell me where I can get CD's of Maronite Liturgical Music in ENGLISH? Is there someplace I can purchase a Maronite Catechism in ENGLISH?

Thanks!

P
P
Hi Maronita,

I'm not aware of any Maronite CD's in English, but if you go to MaroniteMusic.org you can listen to the model hymns upon which all of our liturgical music is based.

We also don't have an official Catechism in English (or any other language that I'm aware of). The closes thing we have is the book "Captivated by Your Teachings". It's a great book and I strongly recommend it, although it's dated in the sense that it's based off the previous translation of the Qurbono used here in the States.

The author of the book mentioned above wrote this article (link below) regarding the Hoosoyo. The book was given to me to learn about Maronite distinctives, other than that we study Eastern Catholicism with this series

http://store.godwithusbooks.org/spe...of-books-on-the-eastern-catholic-church/

https://thehiddenpearl.org/2013/02/...ontemporary-maronite-tradition/#more-146

"An initial series for the elementary level entitled, Faith of the Mountain, was published by St. Maron Publications. It is currently in its first revision and mandated for use in all Maronite parishes in the US two eparchies. A series by the same name for the secondary level was also published (St. Maron Publications). Finally, an attempt was made to address the critical need for adult catechetical formation. The result was a “resource book” by myself entitled, Captivated by Your Teachings: a Resource Book for Adult Maronite Catholics."

M
OP Offline
M
Thanks!

Moderated by  Irish Melkite, theophan 

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.