The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Annapolis Melkites, Daniel Hoseiny, PaulV, ungvar1900, Donna Zoll
5,993 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 311 guests, and 49 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,393
Posts416,749
Members5,993
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Enthronement Service of the Most Reverend Benedict (Aleksiychuk) - St. Nicholas Exarch for Ukrainians, Chicago, Illinois

Wednesday, June 28 - 6:00 PM

Great Vespers with Lytiya at the St. Nicholas Ukrainian Catholic Cathedral (835 North Oakley Blvd, Chicago, IL 60622).

Immediately Following the Service Patriarch Sviatoslav and Bishop Benedict will meet (open to all) with clergy and lay people at the Ukrainian Cultural Center (2247 W Chicago Ave, Chicago, IL 60622), for a general conference to discuss plans, share thoughts, and answer question

Thursday, June 29 - 12:00 PM

Hierarchical Divine Liturgy and Enthronement Service at the St. Nicholas Cathedral (835 N Oakley Blvd, Chicago, IL 60622).

Immediately Following the Service: Banquet at the Ukrainian Cultural Center (2247 West Chicago Avenue, Chicago, IL 60622).

Friday, June 30 - 10:00 AM

Bishop will meet (open only to the clergy from the St. Nicholas Eparchy) with his clergy at the Ukrainian Cultural Center (2247 West Chicago Avenue, Chicago, IL 60622).

Sunday, July 2 - 10:00 AM

Hierarchical Divine Liturgy the St. Nicholas Cathedral (835 North Oakley Blvd, Chicago, IL 60622).

F
F

Last edited by Father James; 07/05/17 04:58 PM.
I served in all of the services for the installation. It was intense.

rome1453,

the Patriarchal Deacon, Fr Deacon Nazar (sp ?) was intense grin ... but he certainly knows the nuances of the full Hierarchical Divine Liturgy.

I had the opportunity to serve with him during the Patriarch's visit to Dormition of the Mother of God Ukrainian Greek Catholic parish in Phoenix. Of course it was a bit difficult since I do not speak or understand Ukrainian. The Patriarch did celebrate in English and Ukrainian, and he delivered parts of his homily in Spanish.

Last edited by Deacon John Montalvo; 07/10/17 05:20 PM.
P
P
The Protodeacon's name is Nazari Yaruniv of the Archeparchy of Lviv. His liturgical service is exemplary! He is a very gentle soul and easy to serve with. I know this from serving with him many times. He is attentive, prepared, can anticipate, and acts with discretion and reverence. Ukrainian Catholic deacons should look to the liturgical service of Protodeacon Nazari as a model to emulate. I would like to suggest that the deacons, subdeacons and older altar servers consider inviting Protodeacon Nazari to conduct a liturgical practicum for them.

Fr Protodeacon, you are correct. Pdn Nazariy is my unofficial deacon mentor. I wish I could serve with him more often, but I was blessed to serve with him at the enthronement.

Dn John

P
P
If there is sufficient interest among deacons, subdeacons, and altar servers learning their functions well in the liturgical services, I would do all that I can to bring Protodeacon Nazari to a suitable location in North America for a liturgical practicum.

Rome1453, are you a Ukrainian speaker?

I wish I were. I was deacon in Edinburgh for a couple of years and now I am back in the USA. I can speak liturgical Ukrainian but not conversational. I understand some polish and so I use my mind to stretch the words to try to understand the Ukrainian if the words are similar.

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.