The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Mwl, Rickey, Mamo, TomSpirit, JeffMByzOFS
5453 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (ast82401), 51 guests, and 86 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
Papal Audience 10 November 2017
Upgraded Russian icon corner
Russian Greek Catholic Global Congress
OL EuroEast II (2007) Group
Portable Icon Screen
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics34,435
Posts410,218
Members5,453
Most Online2,716
Jun 7th, 2012
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#417532 - 10/09/17 03:30 PM "Let us Pray to the Lord" series from ECPubs  
Sam64 Offline
Sam64  Offline

Nevada, USA
Hello All,

I am writing to see if anyone here owns copies of the "Let us Pray to the Lord" volumes I and/or II from Eastern Christian Publications. I'd like to get a full sense of what is contained within the books before I order them.

I was recently able to purchase a copy of the much sought-after "Byzantine Daily Worship" from Alleluia Press, but was disappointed with what was contained therein. The translations of the liturgy seemed outdated and the section pertaining to the Divine Office was very confusing. Also, I was expecting (maybe stupidly on my part) that it would contain more short prayers for various different occasions (i.e. morning prayers, evening prayers, prayers before meals, etc.), but it didn't. I spent $70 on the book and it will probably sit on my bookshelf unopened until the end of time.

Anyway, any information you guys or gals can offer about the "Let us Pray to the Lord" series would be helpful. I'm new to Eastern Catholicism and am looking for good worship/prayer resources. I think these books might have what I need, I just want a little assurance before I fork over my cash.

Thanks!

#417775 - 11/18/17 08:17 AM Re: "Let us Pray to the Lord" series from ECPubs [Re: Sam64]  
JLF Offline
JLF  Offline

Fairfax, VA, USA
Sam64, I have been traveling for a month all over Europe and just now saw your question about our two books. I am still away from the office, but early next week I'll try to post the Table of Contents here of "Let us Pray to the Lord" Vol I and II for you to review. I think you will find what you are looking for.

Jack Figel, Publisher, ECPubs

#417812 - 12/08/17 09:00 AM Re: "Let us Pray to the Lord" series from ECPubs [Re: Sam64]  
ImperialReaction Offline
ImperialReaction  Offline

Pennsylvania, USA
I would appreciate that table of contents as well, and info on what translation/s is/are used, especially for the psalms, as I am considering picking up a copy of Vol 1 for the Divine Office.

Many thanks!

#417816 - 12/09/17 02:30 PM Re: "Let us Pray to the Lord" series from ECPubs [Re: Sam64]  
Michele Offline
Michele  Offline

U.S.A.
Me too !

Moderated by  Administrator, Father Anthony 

The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2017. All rights reserved.