The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Galumph, Leon_C, Rocco, Hvizsgyak, P.W.
5,984 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 238 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,389
Posts416,722
Members5,984
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
John
OP Offline
John
Eastern Christian Publications now offers daily email prayer services -- Morning and Evening Prayer, The Hours, and Daily Vespers -- for FREE! To signup for this service just go to the BDO website page, create an account which gives us your email address for delivery of the prayers, and select one of the products found at:

http://ecpubs.com/product-category/subscription_electronic/

If you are willing and can afford anything, we ask you to contribute to help us cover the cost of preparing and distributing these email prayers by signing up for the Monthly Stipend found on the same website page.

New FREE APP for iPhone

Eastern Christian Publications has also completed design and development of a smartphone app that is now available for FREE download in the Apple Store for all iOS devices and Google Play for Android. The name of the app is "ECPubs" -- just search for this in the stores and install.

It provides several unique features for Eastern Christians:

Saint of the Day -- Icons and Troparia with one touch
Java with Jesus -- daily reflection from a book of the same title
The Hours -- the same Hours provided by email, changed each day
Daily Vespers -- the Propers, Reader Service and Clergy version with all changeable parts
Sunday Bulletin -- icon and text commentary for the week
Theosis Magazine -- the ezine version of our monthly magazine
Book of the Month -- a short description of a book from our catalog
Intro to Prayer -- an explanation of the Byzantine Daily Office
Websites -- links to all of our websites

Please pass this information on to your friends, relatives and fellow parishioners. We hope this will encourage more people to pray daily by providing an easy method to follow the Byzantine Daily Office tradition.

We are also working on an app for OLTV that will provide free access to audios and videos produced by the Orientale Lumen Foundation including liturgies, lectures, plenary sessions, concert tour music, and special events. We also hope to create a Q&A type format from our archive of lectures that will be relevant for millennials and other younger generation faithful. Watch this space for more updates in the near future!

Thank you brethren. Interesting site and app..

I
I
I've seen this service before and even signed up for it back when you had to pay for it. One challenge I wish I could overcome: how can I learn to chant/sing these prayers? In the West it's usually pretty easy to find a breviary with tones in it. I really prefer to chant this sort of prayer than just read it. Any suggestions?

J
JLF Offline
J
There are audio CD versions of Morning Prayer, the Sixth Hour and Evening Prayer, all with seven versions (one for each day of the week), and with a seminarian chanting the words. They are available for purchase on our website:

http://ecpubs.com/byzantine-daily-office-bdo/

And these same recordings are available on iTunes for download and replay. Search for "Byzantine Daily Office".

These recordings do not have the exact changeable parts, day by day, but use common hymns appropriate for each day of the week.

Jack

I
I
Thank you very much, Jack. That's exactly the resource I was looking for. Слава Ісусу Христу!

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.