The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Annapolis Melkites, Daniel Hoseiny, PaulV, ungvar1900, Donna Zoll
5,993 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 333 guests, and 42 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,393
Posts416,749
Members5,993
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#419675 12/02/19 02:33 AM
O
OP Offline
O
Hi all,

It probably has been some time since I last posted (5 + years perhaps).

I have since relocated to Lincoln, NE. I can't say for sure how long I will reside here but at least until August.

I have kind of been all over the place on my spiritual journey. I have not gone to an Orthodox Church or a Catholic Church for about 7 years.

As many of my previous posts have dealt with considering returning to the Catholic Church I believe I may actually be in a position to make that happen since there is a small UGCC Chapel here in Lincoln.

Today was my first visit. It was a pleasant and spiritually uplifting experience. It was the priest's last Sunday as he is going back to Ukraine. He told me that the Liturgy would be all in Ukrainian which is fine because I was pretty sure that I could follow along even though I don't know any Ukrainian.

He actually did do a healthy amount of English which was very nice of him.

He said there will be a visiting priest for the next 2 weeks and then the new permanent priest would arrive the following week. I am assuming the priest comes from Omaha which is only an hour away and there is a UGCC parish there.

If anyone has any info on Eastern Catholicism in Nebraska that would be appreciated.

Thanks.

O
OP Offline
O
Looks like their is also a Ruthenian presence here. I attended their liturgy in Omaha this past Saturday. From what i can gather they alternate weekly between using a RC Church in Omaha and St George's UGCC in Lincoln.

O
OP Offline
O
Originally Posted by orthodoxsinner2
Hi all,

It probably has been some time since I last posted (5 + years perhaps).

I have since relocated to Lincoln, NE. I can't say for sure how long I will reside here but at least until August.

I have kind of been all over the place on my spiritual journey. I have not gone to an Orthodox Church or a Catholic Church for about 7 years.

As many of my previous posts have dealt with considering returning to the Catholic Church I believe I may actually be in a position to make that happen since there is a small UGCC Chapel here in Lincoln.

Today was my first visit. It was a pleasant and spiritually uplifting experience. It was the priest's last Sunday as he is going back to Ukraine. He told me that the Liturgy would be all in Ukrainian which is fine because I was pretty sure that I could follow along even though I don't know any Ukrainian.

He actually did do a healthy amount of English which was very nice of him.

He said there will be a visiting priest for the next 2 weeks and then the new permanent priest would arrive the following week. I am assuming the priest comes from Omaha which is only an hour away and there is a UGCC parish there.

If anyone has any info on Eastern Catholicism in Nebraska that would be appreciated.

Thanks.
I think my dates are off by a couple of years. It only feels that long. However, what's important is that I have attended an Eastern Catholic Church 2 weeks in a row and plan to continue. Prayers are greatly appreciated

O
OP Offline
O
This past Saturday I was received into the Catholic Church (Ruthenian Eparchy of Parma). I have felt amazing and elated since.

Congrats!

O
OP Offline
O
Thank you.

K
K
Many years! Multos annos! Monia vuosia!

Moderated by  Irish Melkite, theophan 

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.