Wide Range of Talks for OL XXIV; Two new speakers
The speakers and videos for the Orientale Lumen XXIV Virtual Conference have been finalized:
1. Plenary I - Archbishop Elpidophoros, Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of New York
2. Plenary II- Fr Mark Morozowich, Dean, The Catholic University of America
3. Plenary III - Dr Sr Vassa Larin, "Coffee with Sr. Vassa" Online Education, Vienna, Austria
4. Plenary IV - Fr Thomas Loya, "Light of the East" radio, Chicago, IL
5. Plenary V - Fr Justin, Librarian, Monastery of St. Catherine, Mt. Sinai
6. Lecture 1 - Metropolitan Kallistos of Diokleia, at Villanova University, 2012
7. Lecture 2 - Fr Justin of St. Catherine's, at Villanova University, 2012
8. Tour 1 - Icon Exhibition at Villanova University - Introduction by Fr Justin of St Catherine's
9. Tour 2 - Icon Exhibition at Villanova University - Details by Fr John Perich
10. Tour 3 - Icon Museum at St Tikhon's Monastery by Fr John Perich
The theme for this conference will be "Liturgy and Icons: Worshiping through Images" and each speaker has approached the subject from a very wide range of vantage points -- church architecture, the communion spoon, history of iconography, the incarnation of Jesus, and images and symbols in today's pandemic reality.
You can register online to view these ten videos and to watch the live virtual panel discussion among the speakers on June 23 at 1:00 pm EDT on the OLFoundation website: https://olfoundation.net/product/ol-conference-xxiv-full-registration/
The entire conference will be the basis for an online, 1 credit course offered by the SS Cyril and Methodius Byzantine Catholic Seminary in July and August. Contact Sandra Collins for more details (firstname.lastname@example.org).
DVDs of the pre-recorded videos and the panel discussion will also be available for purchase in the future to use for any group education and discussion.