The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Rocco, Hvizsgyak, P.W., Ramon, PeaceBeToAll
5,982 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 167 guests, and 48 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,388
Posts416,719
Members5,982
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#420786 12/24/20 11:09 PM
John
OP Offline
John
Christ is Born! Glorify Him!

Christos Raždajetsja! Slavite Jeho!

Prayers to all Forum participants and readers for a peaceful and holy Christmas!

Please let us remember to pray for one another, whether we are able to get to Church for the Christmas services or if we are isolating at home.

Merry Christmas!

Glorify Him!!

Merry Christmas to all our brothers and sisters who use the Gregorian Calendar.

Christ is born--Glorify Him!

For the first time in my life I am isolating at home; out of obedience to the Metropolis regulations and restrictions for those who have been knowingly exposed to COVID. In some ways, I feel as though I am a first-century leper.

I learned that I was exposed on Monday morning when my wife's test came back positive. She has been hospitalized since the evening of the Sunday of the Genealogy. The first couple days were rough; while she never required intubation she did need a very high flow of oxygen, which is now being gradually reduced. Discharge home will likely follow in a couple of days, according to the doctor.

So Royal Hours, the Vesperal Liturgy, and the Festal Orthros were all spent separated from both spouse and community, read as Reader services before our Icons. Christmas dinner will be a Marie Calendar's turkey meal heated in the oven.

But in spite of it all, there is joy that "God so loved the world"!

Peace on earth, goodwill to all!

Last edited by Thomas the Seeker; 12/25/20 04:56 PM.
Christ is Born!!

Tom,

Prayers for your wife and all those impacted by this dreaded virus. I just learned of an uncle who has been hospitalized since Tuesday suffering from it.

Bob

U
U
Originally Posted by theophan
Christ is Born!!

Tom,

Prayers for your wife and all those impacted by this dreaded virus. I just learned of an uncle who has been hospitalized since Tuesday suffering from it.

Bob

Glorify Him!

I share with you the same prayerful sentiments. May all our threads be merry and bright; and may all our posts be polite. A blessed New Year to all!

A
AMM Offline
A
Merry Christmas if you have already or will be celebrating next week. Hope you and your loved ones are healthy and that we may all put 2020 behind us!

Moderated by  Irish Melkite, theophan 

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.