The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Rocco, Hvizsgyak, P.W., Ramon, PeaceBeToAll
5,982 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 167 guests, and 48 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,388
Posts416,719
Members5,982
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Former
OP Offline
Former
What seems to move me (personally) the most about His Holiness, Pope John Paul II is that he shows all of us, that holiness IS POSSIBLE and that the Christian life CAN BE LIVED . He proved this with his entire life; with every thought, word, and deed of his life...with his entire being...from the very beginning up until (and most especially) at the end. He LIVED a holy life...and he died a holy death...commiting everything at every moment through the hands of his Immaculate Mother into the hands of her Son, Our Blessed Lord, Jesus the Christ. I would dare say that he did all of this to a heroic degree...which I'm sure will one day very soon qualify him for the title, "The Great." One simply can't do better than that...and in fact, most don't ever come close.

May the Lord welcome him now into Paradise and reward his labors completed out of love for the Lord!

In the Risen Lord Jesus,
+Fr. Gregory

+Father Archimandrite Gregory, who asks for your holy prayers!
Father Gregory, bless me a sinner.

Amen!

Former
OP Offline
Former
P.S. I would like to add...that NEVER did the Holy Father impress me MORE than at the end of his days...when his silent sermons spoke even MORE than ever---just because of his DESIRE to tell us about the Risen Lord...and how he loves Him. His trying to speak to us on Pascha/Easter and on Bright/Easter Wednesday---even at this moment brings me to tears! God knows he was/nay IS...a GIANT of a Christian; an authentic Saint! One Greek Orthodox priest called me today and said: "Father, we don't have anyone who is even in the same league! He's the real thing!" I couldn't agree more.

In the Risen Lord Jesus,
+Fr. Gregory

+Father Archimandrite Gregory, who asks for your holy prayers!
Dear Friends,

I think that Karol J�zef Wojtyła will be called Pope John Paul II the Great.

He was truly, servant of all humanity.

Paul

Z
Z
Dear Father Gregory,

Do you realize that Pope John Paul II lived with pain everyday in his life. Nothing moved me more than seeing that poor man sitting out on a hot day for hours, in order to have Mass or a celebration for 'his' people. The man surely was on a cross for many, many years.

I don't know of any saint, and I have read many biographies, that gave as much for as long a time, as Pope John Paul II. It is said, especially by the Orthodox, that the people are moved by the Holy Spirit. Well, we see the Holy Spirit at work today. Have we ever seen as many people moved?

As some commentators were saying with laughter, can anyone imagine an English prime minister holding off an election, and the future king of England holding off his marriage, because the Pope died? Can anyone imagine Pres. Bush and Fidel Castro attending the same ceremony?

By the same account, can one ever imagine that the same CNN that tried for months to destroy the RCC, is now elevating the same RCC's leader, and by association the RCC, to such heights? Oh wonderous are your works my Lord. What a witness of Christianity have we seen these past weeks. First wih the untimely death of Terri Shiavo, and now with our great Pope John Paul II.

Dear Father Gregory, please give me your blessing.
I kiss your right hand,

Zenovia

Moderated by  theophan 

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.