The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
AdrianFarrell, JStadnik, Tkoty, RomanovvII, squirrelpoose
5618 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 142 guests, and 447 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
Byzantine Nebraska
Church of the Holy Trinity (UGCC) - Brazil
Papal Audience 10 November 2017
Upgraded Russian icon corner
Russian Greek Catholic Global Congress
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics34,794
Posts412,234
Members5,618
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
An Exorcist Tells His Story #74618 06/12/05 09:44 PM
Ray S. Offline OP
OP Offline
My wife and I just bought this book: An Exorcist Tells His Story . Well, I really wanted to read the book and my wife agreed to read it with me. She said she would read it with me if we didn't read it before we went to sleep. eek

My question is this; is there a good Eastern book on Exorcist or the devil in general? If so, do you have the ISBN or an link to where I can buy the book. Tell me why you liked the book, etc...

Thanks in advance!
Ray

Re: An Exorcist Tells His Story #74619 06/13/05 02:36 AM
Alice Offline
Dear Ray,

The book you speak of is good and underscores the need to NOT discount the presence of the evil one. I have read parts of it. The prayers in the back include the ancient Orthodox prayer for deliverance from all evil.

I often wonder how many of the horrific, inexplainable murders we hear of, from O.J. Simpson to recent child murderers are because of the murderer having subjegated themselves somehow (perhaps through the occult, for instance) to actual demon possession which manifested itself at the time of the horrific crime. confused

May our Lord God keep us strong and protect us from every sort of evil always. Kyrie Eleison!

In Christ our Lord and Saviour,
Alice

Re: An Exorcist Tells His Story #74620 06/13/05 10:33 AM
Ray S. Offline OP
OP Offline
I often wonder how many of the horrific, inexplainable murders we hear of, from O.J. Simpson to recent child murderers are because of the murderer having subjegated themselves somehow (perhaps through the occult, for instance) to actual demon possession which manifested itself at the time of the horrific crime.
My thoughts exactly! I often wonder the same thing. I was watching something on the Discovery Channel on serial killers. One serial killer in California openly said that he was possessed.

The greatest trick the devil plays is making us believe he does not exist.

Re: An Exorcist Tells His Story #74621 06/13/05 04:19 PM
Adam DeVille Offline
Originally posted by Ray Stiegler:

My question is this; is there a good Eastern book on Exorcist or the devil in general? If so, do you have the ISBN or an link to where I can buy the book. Tell me why you liked the book, etc...
Ray
I asked that question a while ago and have not found much. I should be interested if you do so.

Adam

Re: An Exorcist Tells His Story #74622 06/15/05 02:44 AM
Z
Zenovia Offline
Z
Dear Ray,

This should be of interest. Many years ago I was watching the 700 club listening to a women tell her story. She said that a man held a knife to her neck and threatened to kill her. Frankly I can't recall what he was asking for, but her husband couldn't do anything but watch.

Suddenly the man dropped the knife and apologized to her. They took her to the hospital and the attendants said that she was very, very lucky to be alive.

It turned out that she was praying when he dropped the knife and apologized. When someone at the station asked why he suddenly dropped the knife, he was told that it wasn't him holding her hostage, it was the demon inside of him.

Her prayers freed him temporarily.

In Christ,

Zenovia

Re: An Exorcist Tells His Story #74623 06/15/05 04:21 AM
S
stojgniev Offline
S
The demon is here in our midst. He afflicts entire families. My own family suffered the greatest of tragedies (not one but many), which I am shamed even to repeat here, for it would be a sin to glorify his works. It was clearly the work of satan!

I have now two daughters, aged seven and eleven, and I pray that this curse of Satan, May Our Lord and Holy Mother destroy him, be not continued in the future.

As for an explanation: why was one family cursed by satan? We cannot know. Only we can pray that Our Lord and God and Saviour Jesus Christ and His Holy Mother will destroy the serpent and his evil. For this we pray unceasingly.

Stojgniev

Moderated by  Alice, Father Deacon Ed, theophan 

The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2020 (Forum 1998-2020). All rights reserved.