The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Rocco, Hvizsgyak, P.W., Ramon, PeaceBeToAll
5,982 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 167 guests, and 48 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,388
Posts416,719
Members5,982
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
soma Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Christ consciousness purifies the image of God in our minds, cures our spiritual blindness and opens our consciousness to the unity of all things. It takes possession of our wills so we no longer remain captive to our desires, passions, compulsions and prejudices . Christ consciousness makes us capable of acting in the productive tranquility of love and spiritual freedom. By teaching us love Jesus perfects our minds in the likeness of pure consciousness by conforming us to Christ consciousness. This is more than the imitation of his virtues, but a union of consciousness that makes us the individuals, God intends us to be. To enter into this consciousness we must identify with Christ, the Father and all of his creation in one pure consciousness. To break up old patterns of thought and behavior, we need to open ourselves up to a new consciousness. This consciousness is a power greater than our minds because it created everything around us. Christ consciousness helps us to acquire a new understanding of our unity with God so we deeply sense this unity within ourselves and become aware of the limitless resources of pure consciousness and its perfect exchange of life, power and charisma. As our concerns fade away Christ consciousness lifts us out of our problems and minds to experience peace and a sense of joy that completely convinces us that all is well. Christ consciousness is an inner tool, a powerful tool that we carry around, and the more we use it the more we will benefit. Becoming aware of it in the world around us and within our own nature will bring remarkable results.

O Lord, save us from the distortions and errors that keep us from a saving knowledge of You, the only True God!

Through the prayers of the Thetokos, and of all the Saints, may Christ our God have mercy on us and save us!

Bless, FAther Thomas,

So you are taking issue with what soma has said? ( smile )

Alex

L
L
Does this mean that the unconscious do not go to heaven?

Dear Lauro,

Not while they are still breathing!

I know a number of people in our parish who are in that blissful state of unconscious insensibility whenever our pastor delivers one of his barn-burner sermons.

And I think I'm getting close to that state too, sometimes.

When people later ask me what the sermon was about, I just give them my Zen answer:

Ohmmmmmm . . . . I don't remember.

wink

Alex

Originally posted by Orthodox Catholic:
Bless, FAther Thomas,

So you are taking issue with what soma has said? ( smile )

Alex
Da.

Dear Soma, to enter into truly blissful consciousness, try my favorite mantra: "Duhhhhh...." biggrin
Seriously, Christ is not a consciousness, He is a Person. What we need is not some sort of consciousness, but to know, love and serve Him.

I am asking that the moderator or administrator close this thread as soon as possible. If Soma wants to write to me privately regaring the errors he or she posted, he or she is welcome. This is not meant as a judgment, but as a correction of error. Nothing personal!

Fr. Thomas Soroka

B
B
If you are saying we should make Christ the center of our lives, love him, follow him, obey him, and be like him, I will go along fully with that.

R
Bill from Pgh
Bill from Pgh
R
Dear Father Thomas,

You're going to spoil all the fun! Just kidding.

I bow to your discernment.

Great sermons,by the way!

Bill

John
John
Originally posted by Fr. Thomas:
I am asking that the moderator or administrator close this thread as soon as possible. If Soma wants to write to me privately regaring the errors he or she posted, he or she is welcome. This is not meant as a judgment, but as a correction of error. Nothing personal!

Fr. Thomas Soroka
I agree with Father Thomas. I encourage Soma to contact Father directly.

Moderated by  theophan 

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.