The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Annapolis Melkites, Daniel Hoseiny, PaulV, ungvar1900, Donna Zoll
5,993 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
1 members (NathanJA), 395 guests, and 36 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,393
Posts416,749
Members5,993
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
Whats a good date and time for every buddy intrested?

R
Silent Member
Silent Member
R
You know, I have browsed their site many times and I never noticed the Forum nor Chat links. Or perhaps I did a long time ago and just don't remember it. confused

Anyhow, I would stop by their Chat room if there was a set time. Perhaps if Fr Moses or one of the other monks would join us, it would be even more informative and fun. Fr Basil is the one in charge of the building of the cells so it would be nice if he would have time for at least one chat with us if we had questions. If not, then perhaps Fr Moses (or whomever) could relay Q&A to Fr Basil if they don't know the answers.

Then again, our dear monks are so busy, they may not be able to join us at all. frown

In my long-winded way, I am saying that I would like to participate if it gets going. I will still come back to our wonderful byzcath.org forum, of course!

Michelle

OP Offline
Rez i posted the link to were you can find the chat and forum. If you click the lithograph icons link you will see chat at the top of the page in that black strip.

daniel

R
Silent Member
Silent Member
R
Yes thanks, Daniel, for letting us know about the chat and forum on their site. I actually did already find it with your earlier post. I just didn't remember seeing their chat and forum links all the other times before. Sometimes it takes another person's eyes to notice things, doesn't it? wink

Michelle

I vote for Wednesdays at 9 pm ET...but I'm flex...
hope to see someone there later tonight...

John

L
L
Alex,
Yes, we can chat about it here! Better yet let's do something! I propose that everyone on the forum make a monthly commitment to pledge .5% of their monthly income to the monastery.
Example:
Monthly Income $1200.00 x .005 = $6.00
It is approximately the cost of one movie per month.The time we would of spent watching the movie could be spent in prayers for the Pope.
Are we not obliged to support our monasteries and churches? Isn't it also a privilege ?
It is agreed that $6.00 is not alot of money but if you multiply that by about 50 people, and if those people are honest with their pledging it would make a heck of a lot of difference.
It could also be arranged to have a monthly reminder for those of us who have problems with our memories.
Many thanks to all of you for hearing me out!

Ludmilla

p.s. - I won't be able to join the chat tonight, that is the time I will be praying for the Pope. Besides after reading some of the posts here I am fearful of a live chat! wink

OP Offline
Rezunt, one of these weekend im going to come down from st. nicholas and visit annuunication, its closer to my house i think then my parish, i live in corona, do you guys have an actuall church yet?

daniel

R
Silent Member
Silent Member
R
Hiya, Daniel.

We'd love to have you visit us. Nope, we are still collecting funds to build our church. We have a lovely parish hall that we have our Liturgies in and we have a nice patio and landscaping but no house for God as of yet. frown

Pictures of Annunciation: Annunciation Byzantine Catholic Church, Anaheim, CA [community.webshots.com] .

Michelle

R
Silent Member
Silent Member
R
By the way, the plan for our church is on the home page of our church's site: Annunciation site [annunciationbyzantine.org] in case anyone was curious.

OP Offline
Do you guys have a 2 story hall?

No Iconostasis!!!!!! NO Iconostasis!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! eek

R
Silent Member
Silent Member
R
Brian wrote:
No Iconostasis!!!!!! NO Iconostasis!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, Brian, if you want to see an Iconostasis in our church, you can send Annunciation a nice big donation so that we can build a house worthy of our Lord and have a beautiful Iconostasis. Currently, it is only a parish hall that we have which is more than we used to have! Behind the Holy Table is a wall of windows and doors leading out to our patio. There is no place for an Iconostasis. The large standing Icons of Christ and of the Mother of God are the best we can do right now. I'm sure God understands.

Open your wallet if it bothers you so much. wink

Daniel, yes, our parish hall is 2 storeys. The upstairs is where Father's office is along with the classrooms. There is also a large basement where our gift shop is located.

Michelle

L
L
Yes, and while we are speaking of donations don't forget to send your check to:

HOLY RESURRECTION MONASTERY
P.O.BOZ 130
45704 VALLEY CENTER ROAD
NEWBERRY SPRINGS, CA 92365

May God reward you !

OP Offline
Rez

Thats it you've done it! You had to tell me you guys have a shop, I went to the monastery and my friends had to pull me out of the store! haha.

God Bless
Daniel

Thanks God Byzcath.org is up

L
L
A Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving to all!
Just a friendly monthly reminder. Thanks!

Originally posted by Ludmilla:
Yes, and while we are speaking of donations don't forget to send your check to:

HOLY RESURRECTION MONASTERY
P.O.BOZ 130
45704 VALLEY CENTER ROAD
NEWBERRY SPRINGS, CA 92365

May God reward you !

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Fr. Deacon Lance 

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.