The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
AdrianFarrell, JStadnik, Tkoty, RomanovvII, squirrelpoose
5618 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 142 guests, and 447 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
Byzantine Nebraska
Church of the Holy Trinity (UGCC) - Brazil
Papal Audience 10 November 2017
Upgraded Russian icon corner
Russian Greek Catholic Global Congress
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics34,794
Posts412,234
Members5,618
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: St. Nicholas Cathedral Website #94598 06/18/05 09:15 PM
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,134
Etnick Offline
Member
Offline
Member
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,134
Nice website of St Nicholas Cathedral.

The wedding scene in the movie MY LIFE with Michael Keaton shot inside St Nicholas. Not a very long scene, but many nice shots of the church.

Re: St. Nicholas Cathedral Website #94599 06/19/05 01:35 AM
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 121
S
stojgniev Offline
Member
Offline
Member
S
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 121
Administrator,

The referenced article was posted this year shortly after Palm Sunday (I do not remember exactly where in this forum or the exact date).

My reading of the article, which began with a description of an Eastern Rite Catholic liturgy, is quite different from what Mr Bransom now claims. In response to the article and to comments, many of which were quite negative about American Catholic liturgies, particularly eucharistic matters, Mr Bransom succeeded in shutting down the thread. I am curious if he will deny the fact that he called for the thread to be closed, which happened shortly thereafter.

Now if there is a more pleasant word for censorship, then perhaps I should have used it. But I don't know another word, unfortunately.

When one attempts and succeeds at shutting down a thread where there are no obscenities, threats of violence, etc - merely opinions that one doesn't like - wouldn't that qualify as censorship? Again, I emphasize that it was a civil discussion, like many others on this forum. The only complaint, which was voiced by Mr Bransom, was that in comparison with the Eastern Rites, the contemporary Roman Catholic Church IN AMERICA - not universally - was criticized, in a fairly objective manner, I might add, nothing hateful.

Stojgniev

Re: St. Nicholas Cathedral Website #94600 06/20/05 03:33 PM
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 6,516
Administrator Offline
John
Member
Offline
John
Member
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 6,516
Stojgniev,

The post you e-mailed me was your own post, not Mr. Bransomís. That post devoted only 20% of its content to Eastern Christianity and the other 80% to complaining about the problems in the Latin Catholic Church in America. While the post does not violate Forum rules, I do prefer posts containing complaints to also propose solutions.

To date, you have officered no evidence to substantiate your accusations of censorship against Mr. Bransom. Please 1) either provide links to support your accusations to me via either PM or e-mail and wait for a response before posting again on this Forum or 2) withdraw your accusations of censorship and apologize to Mr. Bransom.

Admin

Re: St. Nicholas Cathedral Website #94601 08/15/05 02:34 AM
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 2
C
Chris Lombardi Offline
Junior Member
Offline
Junior Member
C
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 2
This is a well-balanced, well-written, informative and user-friendly site. Your pictures also express a proud history. Thank you for this good browsing experience.

Sincerely,
Chris Lombardi
ASCENSION EXPORTERS LIMITED PARTNERSHIP
Customized Sterling Silver Religious Medals & Lapel Pins
Bangkok, Thailand
www.ascensiongoods.com

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2020 (Forum 1998-2020). All rights reserved.
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.3