Newest Members
Petrova, 179, Jason Huck, Ted Jedinak, Walker
4946 Registered Users
Who's Online
7 registered (Thomas the Seeker, Leo T. Lion, Talon, Katie g, Pasisozi, byzanTN, 1 invisible), 124 Guests and 71 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
Recent Ecumenical Gesture
Holy Thursday Altar of Repose
ByzFANtium: An Icon-covered ceiling fans (Part II)
ByzFANtium:  An Icon-covered cieling fan
Does this look right?
Forum Stats
4946 Members
26 Forums
32716 Topics
397949 Posts

Max Online: 2716 @ 06/07/12 04:10 PM
Topic Options
#97633 - 01/04/01 03:50 AM FYI: Anthonite Monks and Ecumenism
Anonymous
Unregistered

Anthonite Monks and Ecumenism
www.orthodoxinfo.com/ecumenism/athonite_bartholomew.htm

The Monks of Mt.Athos remain loyal to the Patriarchate of Constantinople, as do all of us simple Christians personally associated with the Holy Fathers of the Anthonite Republic.

[This message has been edited by Vasili (edited 01-03-2001).]

#97634 - 01/04/01 07:52 PM Re: FYI: Anthonite Monks and Ecumenism
anastasios Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
I would have loved to be there when Patriarch Bartholomeos told the Athonite Monks "if you don't start commemorating me again, and if you persist in saying I am a heretic, I WILL CUT YOU OFF!!!!!" It must have been a glorious sight!

anastasios

(I am referring to an earlier incident where they actually tried to stop commemorating him, much like they did to Athenagoras)

[This message has been edited by anastasios (edited 01-04-2001).]

#97635 - 01/04/01 11:51 PM Re: FYI: Anthonite Monks and Ecumenism
Anonymous
Unregistered

The Holy Fathers still remain loyal to their principles and His All-Holiness. The Patriarch also realizes that He needs the Holy Fathers of the Holy Mount more than they need Him.

In true Christian tradition, a humbling experience for all.

[This message has been edited by Vasili (edited 01-04-2001).]

#97636 - 01/05/01 03:04 PM Re: FYI: Anthonite Monks and Ecumenism
Anonymous
Unregistered

Robert,

"Let us encourage one another."

True Orthodoxy by Archbishop Averky.
http://dfw.orthodox.net/articles/true-orthodoxy.html

Orthodoxy is beautiful because it is true; not true because it is beautiful. Orthodoxy is joy.

The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. Contents copyright - 1996-2014. All rights reserved.