The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
PaulV, ungvar1900, Donna Zoll, Bradford Roman, Pd1989
5,991 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
1 members (Bishop Titus), 551 guests, and 52 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,392
Posts416,746
Members5,991
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
My pain is out of control, meds aren't touching it. The RSD and Dystonic Spasms Are sort of under control, but the Authritis, and curved spine are making it almost impossible for me to walk. My kids are all busy, I hate to complain. I know my body has to recover from the craziness of these last years. I have been trying to do one thing, one task daily to get my dads stuff in order. Now, the DA Office called and they wan't to proceed with the case against the folks that scammed my dad. I ask the kids. The all said yes, because that is the only way I will get the money back from the banks that they kept on giving them. I got to be able to walk.

I just feel right now y'all are the only ones I can turn to for prayer. I don't really wan't my kids to know how bad I am right now. Thanks! I was not able to make one service this week. I am so frustrated!

O
O
Pani Rose

I can't think when you last asked for prayers for yourself - you always think of others and never ever mention your own needs.

May the Lord ease your pain , may the Mother of God hold you in her tender care .

May you be at peace

Some prayers from the Lutheran Book of Worship, 1978.

TRUSTFULNESS

O most loving Father, you want us to give thanks for all things, to fear nothing except losing you, and to lay all our cares on you, knowing that you care for us. Protect us from faithless fears and worldly anxieties, and grant that no clouds in this mortal life may hide from us the light of your immortal love shown to us in your Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

COURTS OF JUSTICE

Almighty God, you sit in judgment to declare what is just and right. Bless the courts and the magistrates in our land. Give them the spirit of wisdom and understanding, that they may perceive the truth and administer the law impartially as instruments of your divine will. We pray in the name of him who will come to be our judge, your Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

SELF-DEDICATION

Almighty God, draw our hearts to you, guide our minds, fill our imaginations, control our wills, so that we may be wholly yours. Use us as you will, always to your glory and the welfare of your people; through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

(This one from the Book of Common Prayer, 1979

A Collect for Saturdays

Almighty God, who after the creation of the world rested
from all you works and sanctified a day of rest for all your
creatures: Grant that we, putting away all earthly anxieties,
may be duly prepared for the service of your sanctuary, and
that our rest here upon earth may be a preparation for the
eternal rest promised to your people in heaven; through Jesus
Christ our Lord. Amen

BEFORE WORSHIP

Almighty God, you pour out on all who desire it the spirit of grace and supplication. Deliver us, as we come into your presence, from cold hearts and wandering thoughts, that with steady minds and burning zeal we may worship you in spirit and in truth; through your Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Originally Posted by Our Lady's slave
Pani Rose

I can't think when you last asked for prayers for yourself - you always think of others and never ever mention your own needs.

May the Lord ease your pain , may the Mother of God hold you in her tender care .

May you be at peace

Indeed, I agree...

Please be assured of my heartfelt prayer for you, Pani Rose. I will be remembering you on any prayer lists I give at church, as well as in my own meager prayer.

May the Lord bring comfort to your soul and body dearest sister in Christ.

Through the intercessions of the blessed Mother of God and any saints which you hold dear. Lord have mercy!

Alice

OP Offline
Dear OLS, Pastor Thomas, and Alice, I actually have a bit of pain relief already. My back is somewhat relaxed. Glory to God!

A few weeks ago I was so frustrated and angry, some at my dad for getting me into this mess, but mostly at the three people that scammed him. Like I said before, it took all my savings. I started writing some checks that I knew the funds weren't there to cover, I was just ticked. It was only a total of two hundred, but still.

I asked the Lord what was wrong with me, why I was doing something so stupid. But, I was just so mad. We had just had the Unforgiving Debtor. He showed me the last verse.

35 “This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother or sister from your heart.”

I said I got it Lord! I was able to get to confession in a few days. WOW! Did that make a difference. I spoke with a Latin Rite priest before my dad died, about his salvation. He said a number of really curious things, which led me to understand that something happened to his Baptism. He was Southern Baptist. He gave me permission to do a conditional Baptism - forgive me if I told you this - in the Name of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. My two oldest had a lot of anger towards him, from all this mess. There was an IMMEDIATE RECONCILLATION between them, it can only be considered miraculous. The next day, Sunday, my daughter went to confesion. She said she felt she had to go for her and grandad. The priest told her by doing that, all his sins had been forgive. She said suddenly everything became so profound, everything around her was very different. We think that is the time he reposed.

One friend said God had wrapped him up in beautiful paper, with a gorgeous bow, and handed him to me. Another said, if you had not been through the hell these last few years, I would not been there for those last two days.

God has his ways. I have no doubt he heard my prayers, and this of so many.

I just need health and grace to get through the next few months. I know God is directing my steps. I am sorry for getting frustrated with Him! Like confession for being unforgiving, made my life so much easier. Just have to be quiet and listen.

Well now you know a bit of the adventure going on smile

G
G
Slava Isusu Khrestu

I the most unworthy, shall remember you in my prayers. As was stated by others ...you always remember them...so mow it is and honour to remember you. " Through the prayers of the Mother of God, Oh Saviour save us"

Unworthy and a sinner

Kolya

Slava Ottsyu, i Synu, i Svyatomu Dukhovi, nyni i povsyakchas, i na viky vikiv. Aminʹ. Hospody Pomyluy.

OP Offline
I gotta tell you! The pain was causing loss of bladder control when I stood up, because the pain made me take so long. This morning the pain is down enough that I can stand up fairly easy, without loss of bladder control.

Hope I am not offending anyone, but I wan't you to know the difference your prayers made. I have got to get to my chiropractor tomorrow. This has been going on since Thursday, but it took me too long Thursday to figure out what was happening. They are closed on Fridays.

So I still have a ways to go, but y'all are amazing! Thank you Jesus!!!

You know I don't even know what this type of practice is called, that the chiropractor does. But, Dr Myers was injured in a car wreck, already a chiropractor, they never thought he would walk again. He went back to school for another four years. There are very few of them in the US. He does an intense study of the neck with xRays and such. The premise is if everything in the neck is in proper position, the body will work right. He doesn't adjust with his hands. I became aware of him from an order of nuns outside Steubenville. They had several sisters who had become basically disabled to function on a daily basis. He has been a blessing. I am thinking the one they go to is in Pittsburgh.

G
G
Slava Isusu Khrestu

Still praying here in the land of ice and snow! With the wind chill. the prayers are very crisp smile I have asked the “Παναγία Γοργοεπήκοος ( Panagia Gorgoèpikos)”
“The All-Holy One, She who is quick to hear” to take care of you.

Just me the unworthy
Kolya

OP Offline
God bless you all and keep those of you in ice and snow, safe and warm!

How are you feeling today, Pani Rose?

Please folks, let's keep up the prayerful thoughts and prayers on behalf of the most beloved member of this forum!

May the Blessed Mother of God and St. Nektarios the Healer, intercede to the Lord Jesus on your behalf, dear sister in Christ.

Alice

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Prayers for the full and quick recovery of my dear friend and sister, the Lord's handmaiden, Rose, and that God grant her many years.

"One day all our ethnic traits ... will have disappeared. Time itself is seeing to this. And so we can not think of our communities as ethnic parishes, ... unless we wish to assure the death of our community."
S
S
Prayers for Pani Rose.

Like many on here, I know what pain can be like and how utterly lonely and helpless it can make one feel.

Never stop trusting in Christ the Physician.

Prayers!

J
J
You are in my prayers, Pani Rose. Let us know how you are doing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.