www.byzcath.org
Truly an easy read, though it touches on the deepest doctrines of Orthodoxy, it's incredibly informative...

I bought "The Truth - What Every Roman Catholic Should Know about the Orthodox Church" also by the same author yesterday. Amazing read. Helps me.
Just my personal opinion here, but I always thought Clark Carlton to be a bit rough around the edges. Of course I'm comparing him to Bishop Ware and others who are a bit "softer" in their approach to the East/West rupture. Though he did write those quite some time ago and so I'm sure his style has changed as his wisdom has increased. I really liked his podcast on "The Christ Haunted South" though. (available at AFR: http://ancientfaith.com/podcasts/carlton/P21/

In Christ,
Aaron
Well mate, the titles in question are about 9 - 10 years old. He would have changed by then. I'm aware of the hostility but I try to read with an open mind. I do have Metropolitan Ware's books as well by the way.
I've a couple of Metropolitan Ware's books on order from the library...just waiting to pick 'em up ...
Gwenyfur,

Have you visited Ancient Faith Radio before? Here is the link if you've never visited: http://ancientfaith.com/ .

There are number of podcasts by different folks, all of which I find to be very edifying.

In Christ,
Aaron
It would be my prayer that Mr. Carlton has changed. His book, The Truth, I found to be very hostile to the Catholic Church.
However, given what he has said concerning the filioque, purgatory, and Scott Hahn, I would have to agree with him. However, I find his style of apologetics no different than that of a anti-Catholic Protestant.
Originally Posted by Collin Nunis
However, given what he has said concerning the filioque, purgatory, and Scott Hahn, I would have to agree with him. However, I find his style of apologetics no different than that of a anti-Catholic Protestant.

His assessment of Dr. Scott Hahn is ridiculously over the top. I find that Clark Carlton comes across as pompous and abrasive, which makes him a perfect candidate for publishing through Regina Orthodox Press (Frank Schaeffer's outfit.)
Some Orthodox apologetic books can be "uncharitable". Among Catholic apologists, I'd still choose Alan Schreck over anyone else.
Originally Posted by Collin Nunis
Some Orthodox apologetic books can be "uncharitable".

I am sure the same can be claimed by many Orthodox vis-a-vis certain Catholic apologists. Considering the author's background and that he was a fresh convert nothing surprises me in the book.
Originally Posted by Krotoski
Gwenyfur,

Have you visited Ancient Faith Radio before? Here is the link if you've never visited: http://ancientfaith.com/ .

There are number of podcasts by different folks, all of which I find to be very edifying.

In Christ,
Aaron

I constantly have that playing when I'm at home...I love it...very uplifting...and truly helps to keep me focused on my purpose...worshipping the Creator smile
The Faith didn't really do a lot of comparing between faiths...it wasn't apologetic in nature...but it was educational in some Orthodox views that I hadn't quite wrapped my mind completely around yet...

© The Byzantine Forum