www.byzcath.org
Posted By: Pani Rose Discovering the Icon - 02/28/09 07:01 AM
Jist a beautiful sight, well done, full of - well what one needs to know about icons biggrin
http://www.christopherklitou.com/index.htm
Posted By: amberpep Re: Discovering the Icon - 04/17/09 03:16 PM
Thank you so much for this Pani rose .... this is a wonderful site.
abby
<*)))><
Posted By: Halia12 Re: Discovering the Icon - 04/18/09 07:12 PM

I still think it is better to look at Leonid Ouspensky's "The Meaning of Icons." Written by a theologian and an iconographer.
Posted By: Irish Melkite Re: Discovering the Icon - 04/18/09 07:46 PM
Originally Posted by Halia12
I still think it is better to look at Leonid Ouspensky's "The Meaning of Icons." Written by a theologian and an iconographer.

Halia,

There are texts more ancient than that of Ouspensky, written by persons who were not merely theologians, but saints. If someone posted a link to Ouspensky, would you offer those as 'better' to look upon than his?

Quite frankly, I think that any site or text which offers us meaningful information and helps others to grow in understanding, knowledge, and appreciation of their faith is worthwhile and, barring error, ought to be considered a gift to us.

Rose,

I've only had a chance to skim Father Economos' site, but what I've seen and read was both interesting and well-done. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Many years,

Neil
Posted By: Our Lady's slave Re: Discovering the Icon - 04/18/09 08:04 PM
Pani Rose

Thanks for that Site - I've just bookmarked it . I've had a good browse and I think it's full of great stuff.

I do like his introduction to Iconography - it's basic and enough for many of us - he explains clearly .

Halia - I'm sure that "The Meaning of Icons. - Leonid Ouspensky" is very good - but at £34.99 it's a book for the serious student of Iconography - and that's not me.
© The Byzantine Forum