www.byzcath.org

Entronment of Most Reverend Benedict Aleksiychuk

Posted By: Pavloosh

Entronment of Most Reverend Benedict Aleksiychuk - 06/28/17 07:28 PM

Enthronement Service of the Most Reverend Benedict (Aleksiychuk) - St. Nicholas Exarch for Ukrainians, Chicago, Illinois

Wednesday, June 28 - 6:00 PM

Great Vespers with Lytiya at the St. Nicholas Ukrainian Catholic Cathedral (835 North Oakley Blvd, Chicago, IL 60622).

Immediately Following the Service Patriarch Sviatoslav and Bishop Benedict will meet (open to all) with clergy and lay people at the Ukrainian Cultural Center (2247 W Chicago Ave, Chicago, IL 60622), for a general conference to discuss plans, share thoughts, and answer question

Thursday, June 29 - 12:00 PM

Hierarchical Divine Liturgy and Enthronement Service at the St. Nicholas Cathedral (835 N Oakley Blvd, Chicago, IL 60622).

Immediately Following the Service: Banquet at the Ukrainian Cultural Center (2247 West Chicago Avenue, Chicago, IL 60622).

Friday, June 30 - 10:00 AM

Bishop will meet (open only to the clergy from the St. Nicholas Eparchy) with his clergy at the Ukrainian Cultural Center (2247 West Chicago Avenue, Chicago, IL 60622).

Sunday, July 2 - 10:00 AM

Hierarchical Divine Liturgy the St. Nicholas Cathedral (835 North Oakley Blvd, Chicago, IL 60622).
Posted By: Father James

Re: Entronment of Most Reverend Benedict Aleksiychuk - 07/04/17 10:11 PM

Here are some videos of the liturgical celebrations this past week in Chicago.

Great Vespers with Lytia for Peter and Paul
Matins on the morning of June 29th for Peter and Paul
Hierarchical Liturgy for the Enthronement of Bishop BENEDICT (Aleksiychuk)
FIrst Sunday Divine Liturgy of Bishop BENEDICT (Aleksiychuk)

Posted By: rome1453

Re: Entronment of Most Reverend Benedict Aleksiychuk - 07/06/17 05:11 AM

I served in all of the services for the installation. It was intense.
Posted By: Deacon John Montalvo

Re: Entronment of Most Reverend Benedict Aleksiychuk - 07/10/17 05:16 PM

rome1453,

the Patriarchal Deacon, Fr Deacon Nazar (sp ?) was intense grin ... but he certainly knows the nuances of the full Hierarchical Divine Liturgy.

I had the opportunity to serve with him during the Patriarch's visit to Dormition of the Mother of God Ukrainian Greek Catholic parish in Phoenix. Of course it was a bit difficult since I do not speak or understand Ukrainian. The Patriarch did celebrate in English and Ukrainian, and he delivered parts of his homily in Spanish.
Posted By: Protodeacon David Kennedy

Re: Entronment of Most Reverend Benedict Aleksiychuk - 07/11/17 01:45 PM

The Protodeacon's name is Nazari Yaruniv of the Archeparchy of Lviv. His liturgical service is exemplary! He is a very gentle soul and easy to serve with. I know this from serving with him many times. He is attentive, prepared, can anticipate, and acts with discretion and reverence. Ukrainian Catholic deacons should look to the liturgical service of Protodeacon Nazari as a model to emulate. I would like to suggest that the deacons, subdeacons and older altar servers consider inviting Protodeacon Nazari to conduct a liturgical practicum for them.

Re: Entronment of Most Reverend Benedict Aleksiychuk - 07/12/17 06:04 AM

Fr Protodeacon, you are correct. Pdn Nazariy is my unofficial deacon mentor. I wish I could serve with him more often, but I was blessed to serve with him at the enthronement.

Dn John
Posted By: Protodeacon David Kennedy

Re: Entronment of Most Reverend Benedict Aleksiychuk - 07/12/17 09:57 AM

If there is sufficient interest among deacons, subdeacons, and altar servers learning their functions well in the liturgical services, I would do all that I can to bring Protodeacon Nazari to a suitable location in North America for a liturgical practicum.
Posted By: UkrCathLDN

Re: Entronment of Most Reverend Benedict Aleksiychuk - 01/02/18 09:27 AM

Rome1453, are you a Ukrainian speaker?

Re: Entronment of Most Reverend Benedict Aleksiychuk - 01/17/18 07:56 PM

I wish I were. I was deacon in Edinburgh for a couple of years and now I am back in the USA. I can speak liturgical Ukrainian but not conversational. I understand some polish and so I use my mind to stretch the words to try to understand the Ukrainian if the words are similar.
© 2018 The Byzantine Forum