www.byzcath.org
Posted By: Иван Evangelization @ Home - 11/22/17 08:09 PM
Hi,
How do you evangelize at home?

My wife converted to Roman Catholicism when we got married. She comes from a not terribly devout Methodist family. I myself have not been very devout. I recently had some life events that have really made me on fire for Christ. Thanks be to God!! We have gone to the local byzantine Church and have attended Latin mass. She has told me the Divine Liturgy is too long, so I was fine going to Latin mass if she would go with me. Later, she confessed that she gets nothing out of church at all. She says, she does not understand how bread and wine are the actual body of Christ. Ok, that is fine. She can read up on that, but she has express no desired to do so. I want to talk about the faith with her and discuss what the church believes, but she has no desire to do so. It has been hard for me. I want to talk about the faith or maybe I just need to find like minded people. I know God works on his time. It is just hard to be on fire and your spouse has no interest in the Church. Thank you.
Posted By: Administrator Re: Evangelization @ Home - 11/23/17 03:34 PM
Hello, Иван! Welcome to The Byzantine Forum!

I'm happy for your desire to share your faith with your family. But it seems like you are in a situation where they are not open to listen or discuss matters of faith. The only things you can do is to: 1) pray for them gently and 2) live the Christian life, so that Christ shines forth from you. At some point they may see your joy and happiness and want what you radiate. Then they might be open to hearing you. Until then, you probably need to develop additional friendships with people who enjoy discussing the faith with you.

Happy Thanksgiving!
John
Posted By: Иван Re: Evangelization @ Home - 12/20/17 06:40 PM
True. Thank you.
© The Byzantine Forum