www.byzcath.org
Posted By: Pani Rose Jacub's post - 08/26/09 12:53 PM
I can't access it.

Lord of the Powers be with us, for in times of distress we have no other help but You.
Lord of the Powers, have mercy on Jakub and make right his situation with the insurance.
Posted By: Job Re: Jacub's post - 08/26/09 01:35 PM
Amen
Posted By: Jakub. Re: Jacub's post - 08/26/09 11:15 PM
Pani & friends,

The post was a request for prayers do to problems with referrals for my wife Debbie's neurologist and physical therapy centered with our medical group and Blue Cross...

I could not access the forum last night after posting it for some reason...

james
Posted By: Communion of Saints Re: Jacub's post - 08/27/09 03:03 AM
Prayers for all of your and Debbie's intentions for her continued treatment w/the neuro and therapy,
CS
Posted By: Pani Rose Re: Jacub's post - 08/27/09 03:11 AM
We were watching out after you James biggrin
We know God is on your side.
Posted By: Porter Re: Jacub's post - 08/27/09 06:38 PM
Our prayers too for Debbie and you. From Ron and me.
Posted By: Byzantinemo Re: Jacub's post - 08/27/09 11:47 PM
My prayers for you and Debbie...

S
Posted By: Jakub. Re: Jacub's post - 08/28/09 02:00 AM
Thank you all for the prayers, the problem is not with Anthem/Blue Cross but with our medical group which was recently bought by a larger group...

The routine and results are simple, profit...

Debbie is very afraid of not being accepted for her existing condition if we switch the medical group.

james
Posted By: Memo Rodriguez Re: Jacub's post - 08/28/09 04:02 PM
Hi James,

I am not sure a medical group can just turn you down because you are sick.

Insurance companies can, of course, if this qualifies as an uncovered preexisting condition, but I don't think this exclusion extends to HMOs.

Another alternative would be to talk to your agent (and/or employer, if you get your health benefits through your job) and see if there is an alternate insurance plan that might better fit your needs.

Anthem Blue Cross has made some very significant changes to their product lineup in California, especially for Small Groups (companies with 2-50 employees).

BTW, in California, as long as you are in continuous Small Group coverage (through employment or COBRA), insurance companies cannot decline you for preexisting conditions. It's the Law.

We'll keep praying for Debbie and yourself and for all those who should receive better treatment from the most expensive healthcare system on the planet.

Shalom,
Memo
Posted By: Irish Melkite Re: Jacub's post - 08/29/09 02:43 AM
Originally Posted by Jakub.
I could not access the forum last night after posting it for some reason...

James, my brother,

Right about the time that you posted, a glitch of some sort made the entire site, including the forum, inaccessible for several hours.

As always, my prayers for Debbie and you, that this situation will not be a hurdle to her ongoing care and that the Holy Unmercenary Physicians, Cosmas and Damien, will intercede for the improvement of her health.

Many years,

Neil
Posted By: Pani Rose Re: Jacub's post - 08/29/09 03:47 AM
Mercy Jesus, your Divine Mercy, make all provision necessary for Debbie and James, that she may receive continued treatment.
Posted By: Administrator Re: Jacub's post - 08/29/09 09:19 PM
Prayers.
© The Byzantine Forum