www.byzcath.org

Prayers need for my Dad

Posted By: HandmaidenByzC

Prayers need for my Dad - 04/01/11 02:12 PM

Again,
I ask for your prayers. My father (name is Ed) just became very ill with hemoptysis (coughing up blood). He is in surgery at this moment. It is is bronchoscopy so may not answer all the questions but will hopefully stop the bleeding. He is a very good man. I am appreciative to all who read this and think of him in prayer. He is devoted to the Blessed Mother, so perhaps you could implore her intercession.
Thank you and God Bless You,
Sharon
Posted By: Irish Melkite

Re: Prayers need for my Dad - 04/01/11 06:45 PM

Prayers for Ed, the father of our sister, Sharon, that the Unmercenary Physicians Cosmas & Damien guide his doctors in the diagnosis and efficacious treatment of his illness, that he recover quickly and without complication, and that God grant him many years in health, happiness, and the love of his family.
Posted By: Job

Re: Prayers need for my Dad - 04/01/11 07:35 PM

Prayers offered for Ed and family.

Re: Prayers need for my Dad - 04/02/11 12:55 AM

Thank you so much, Thank you so much.
God Bless you,
Sharon
Posted By: stormshadow

Re: Prayers need for my Dad - 04/02/11 08:40 AM

prayers
Posted By: Alice

Re: Prayers need for my Dad - 04/02/11 02:14 PM

Prayers to the most holy Mother of our God, the ever virgin Mary, for her devoted child, Ed...that she will intercede on behalf of his health crisis to her Son, our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.
May Ed be kept under the protective veil of Our Lady today, tomorrow, and all days, bringing him to full recovery.
May she keep our friend and poster Sharon comforted in the knowledge that she is with her in these difficult days of trial.
AMEN.

Re: Prayers need for my Dad - 04/02/11 02:17 PM

Again, thank you.
God Bless you abundantly,
Sharon
Posted By: Jakub.

Re: Prayers need for my Dad - 04/03/11 04:53 PM

Prayers, may your father receive comfort and strength...

Re: Prayers need for my Dad - 04/03/11 11:37 PM

Thank you Jakub

Re: Prayers need for my Dad - 04/03/11 11:44 PM

...just an update. The results are not back, but the bronchoscopy looked very, very suspicious for cancer. I was (and still am) praying it was due to an infection because he was on prednisone for hypersensitivity pneumonitis (allergic reaction in his lungs). I am the only doctor in the family so I must prepare everyone and explain things to them. But in reality...only God can answer the question they and I have. It is not the right time for him, he has a very young son who has acute problems. Anyway...my hope is fading and I have to find a way to be strong. But this is not about my grief...it is about my father. I pray God be gentle, strengthen him and love him.
Thank you for your prayers
Sharon

Re: Prayers need for my Dad - 04/06/11 01:54 AM

NEWS...BIOPSIES ARE NEGATIVE. All the doctors were sure that this was a cancer. It is unlikely to be. I have been praying for the intercession of Blessed Mother, and also St. John Paul II. I cannot thank you all enough for your prayers. I was all but hopeless. I believe it is a miracle. Thank you all so much, God Bless

Re: Prayers need for my Dad - 04/06/11 07:06 AM

Prayers of gratitude and prayers for Ed's swift recovery
Posted By: Alice

Re: Prayers need for my Dad - 04/06/11 12:42 PM

Glory be to God!
Posted By: Porter

Re: Prayers need for my Dad - 04/06/11 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Alice
Glory be to God!

Amen! Praise God from whom all blessings flow..and healings! Such good news. Praying for his return to good health.

Re: Prayers need for my Dad - 04/08/11 01:20 PM

Yes Praise God!!! Praise God!! Yesterday was my birthday...and this was the best birthday gift...now I need to find a job...trying to keep the Faith and Hope as God has shown me great blessings...and lessons in Faith and Hope.
Thank you all for prayers and continuing to pray. God Bless you all

Re: Prayers need for my Dad - 04/09/11 06:49 AM

And a blessed birthday to our sister, Sharon, and may God grant her many more years in health and happiness

Re: Prayers need for my Dad - 04/09/11 02:42 PM

Update...despite negative biopsies...the doctors still believe that this is a cancer. Please continue to pray for my father. I thank you very much.
...and thank you for the birthday wishes.
God Bless,
Sharon
Posted By: babochka

Re: Prayers need for my Dad - 04/09/11 05:14 PM

I missed this thread for a long time, so I'm sorry about being a bit late. You and your father will be in my prayers.

Elizabeth

Re: Prayers need for my Dad - 04/11/11 07:47 AM

Prayers for Ed continue.
Posted By: stormshadow

Re: Prayers need for my Dad - 04/11/11 01:46 PM

Prayers

Re: Prayers need for my Dad - 04/26/11 08:28 PM

Very Bad news...my father had another biopsy and it is positive for lung cancer...it looks like it is advanced stage. Please pray to Blessed John Paul II for a miracle.
God Bless You all for praying...I thank you imensely.
Posted By: Chad2279

Re: Prayers need for my Dad - 04/27/11 02:51 AM

Your dad is in my prayers as well as you and your family.And I wish you a happy birthday. Sorry I am a little bit late in my response.

Christ's Peace be with you and your family!
Chad

Re: Prayers need for my Dad - 04/27/11 06:41 AM

Continued prayers for Ed, that treatment be successful and that God grant him many years.
© 2019 The Byzantine Forum