www.byzcath.org
Posted By: Intrigued Latin Wife pregnant - 01/28/09 05:23 AM
My dear freinds, I've been away from this forum for quite some time... I've been busy wink
I'm happy to announce that my wife is pregant carrying our 3rd child. The due date is Aug 1st. By this time our daughter Ava will be 6 years old (I can remember posting the birth announcement of Ava over 5 years ago).. time flies, and our son Andrew will be 3 (I can also remember posting that birth announcement as well.

Will keep everyone updated

In Christ...
Brad
Posted By: Our Lady's slave Re: Wife pregnant - 01/28/09 08:05 AM
Oh wow !

Congratulations to you all
Posted By: Irish Melkite Re: Wife pregnant - 01/28/09 09:44 AM
Brad, my friend,

Nice to see a post from you and especially one with such nice news. Congratulations to the both of you and may your wife be blessed with a healthy and uncomplicated pregnancy.

Many years,

Neil
Posted By: Alice Re: Wife pregnant - 01/28/09 10:17 AM
CONGRATULATIONS, BRAD!

*No wonder* you have been missing for so long--you have been very busy raising your little ones!

Try to join us once in a while if you have a minute to yourself!

May your wife's pregnancy be blessed with health and may it bring forth a new baby bestowed with good health and all blessings.

If you want to tell your wife (if I remember correctly she is Greek) a traditional 'blessing/wish'..here is one used for pregnant women: 'Kali Eleftheria'...

That literally means: 'Good freedom'! (Lest that sound silly, substitute 'delivery' as we would say in English, for 'freedom' and I guarantee that anyone that has been pregnant will know exactly what that means--especially in the latter months of the pregnancy-- because freedom is is exactly what it feels like!) wink

Fondly,
Alice

Posted By: Amadeus Re: Wife pregnant - 01/28/09 06:15 PM
Brad:

Congratulations (and may you have many more)*! biggrin

*(I am just reminded of the southern California couple who had octuplets born alive in only the 2nd time in recorded human history!)

Amado
Posted By: Job Re: Wife pregnant - 01/28/09 11:51 PM
Congratulations Brad!!! May God grant you and your family (immediate and expanding) many blessed and spiritually fruitful years!

Job
Posted By: Intrigued Latin Re: Wife pregnant - 07/23/09 02:36 AM
Dear Friends in Christ,

We are down to the last week of pregnancy... Jackie can't wait to bring this baby into the world. We are all excited.. even Ava and Andrew... they continually kiss jackie's tummy goodnight.
We bough a new mini van yesterday so that we can bring the whole family home from the hospital togehter.

Please pray for a safe and speedy delivery...

In Christ,
Brad

Posted By: Father Borislav Re: Wife pregnant - 07/23/09 02:57 AM
Thank God!
Posted By: Pani Rose Re: Wife pregnant - 07/23/09 04:16 AM
Go with God! congratulations
Posted By: theophan Re: Wife pregnant - 07/23/09 12:52 PM
BRAD:

Christ is in our midst!!

May He Who came here among us as a babe bless your new arrival. And may He bless your family and you now and for the balance of your pilgrimage.

BOB
Posted By: eli Re: Wife pregnant - 08/07/09 09:30 AM
Congratulations :))
Posted By: indigo Re: Wife pregnant - 08/07/09 10:21 PM
Brad,I had to see this thread because on the listing it is quite funny- Wife Pregnant Intrigued Latin.
Posted By: Byzantinemo Re: Wife pregnant - 08/08/09 02:33 AM
Congratulations, Brad! I remember looking forward to the birth of my third child and only daughter, Elizabeth....12 years ago next month!!

S
Posted By: Intrigued Latin ITS A GIRL - 08/08/09 04:28 AM
Dear Friends,

Ana ____ Harkin (we're still working on a middle name) weighed 8 lbs 1oz and was 21" long. We're over the moon that she is finally here.

Ana was delivered via emergency c-seciton with Jackie under full genaral anaesthetic. It started off on Monday at 6pm as a textbook labour, but then later that evening went into decline. Baby was still very high in the birth canal and was under duress. The doctor informed us of a c-section delivery which we accepted but were not ready for. (first two deliveries were natural) They were preping the O.R. and the nurse gave me the scrubs and told me to wait outside the room for 10 mins and they would tell me when to come in. 15 minutes later she came out and told me that the epidural was not working and that mummy had to be put out, and that I could not come in. I was able to go in and give Jackie a kiss for 10 seconds but that was it.

As I stood outside the O.R. so many emotions ran through my body. I started off with joy and proceeded to fear and utter sadness that I may never see jackie again, given that she was undergoing fully surgery... one never knows what can happen.....

I quickly grabbed the rosary in my pocket and began to pray incessantly for the safety of our child and for Jackie. After about 45 seconds (it seemed like hours) I recall being at total peace... knowing and trusting that God's Will shall prevail. I contiuned pacing outside for about 10 minutes...and visualizing images of the first joyful mystery... the annunciation where the angel Gabriel annouces to Our Holy Mother that she will conceive and give birth to a Son...... ....about 10 seconds later I heard baby cries and one of the surgical assistants came out and told me that I have a beautiful little girl... about 3 minutes later the special care nurse came out and handed me my daughter..... I spent the next 45 minutes with her......just her and I... we were waiting for Jackie to come out of surgery...

I decided to leave the birth room with her and walk towards the O.R...miraculoursly Jackie was awake and being rolled out of the room just as I approached.... she saw us and was taken to recovery for 60 minutes.... We were allowed to go down and see jackie after 30 minutes....

Jackie is doing very well and so is Ana

As Ana's birthday falls in between Jult 26th (St. Anna) and Aug 15th (Our Most Holy Mother) we're contemplating Maria as a middle name.

In Christ,
Brad
Posted By: Our Lady's slave Re: ITS A GIRL - 08/08/09 06:44 AM
Welcome to Ana _______

Congratulations to all of you
Posted By: Alice Re: ITS A GIRL - 08/08/09 07:22 AM
Congratulations!!! God bless little Ana!!

May you rejoice in her!! (okay, maybe it doesn't translate well..ask your inlaws: 'na tin hairese')

For what it is worth, I really like the name Ana Maria. smile

All the best,
Alice
Posted By: Athanasius The L Re: ITS A GIRL - 08/08/09 01:04 PM
Congratulations!

Like Alice, I also like the name Ana Maria. Anna Maria is the name of the daughter of my dear friends Rich and Katherine.

May God richly bless all of you,

Ryan
Posted By: Intrigued Latin Re: ITS A GIRL - 08/25/09 03:40 AM

Thank you all for your prayers and best wishes.

We have decided on Maria for the middle name. Although the name Ana Maria sounds very Spanish for a girl with an Irish last name... it just made perfect sence given her birthday was so close to the Feasts of St. Anna (the Grandmother of Christ) and also the Dormition of the Theotokos.

Brad

Posted By: Jakub. Re: ITS A GIRL - 08/25/09 04:56 AM
Brad,

I don't consider Maria a Spanish name, but Latin, which includes my other half of familia...Italiano's

Congrats...
Posted By: Pani Rose Re: ITS A GIRL - 08/25/09 05:19 AM
BEAUTIFUL! CONGRATULATIONS! GOD BLESS YOU ALL!
Posted By: Alice Re: ITS A GIRL - 08/25/09 06:09 AM
Originally Posted by Jakub.
Brad,

I don't consider Maria a Spanish name, but Latin, which includes my other half of familia...Italiano's

Congrats...

Dear Brad,

Yes, James is right...it could be Italian, or it could even be Greek...the former King Constantine of Greece's wife is named 'Anna Maria'.

I don't know your last name (I am assuming that 'Latin' isn't it! hehehe *wink* ), but in Greek Orthodox churches in suburban New York you will hear lots of Irish first names with Greek last names, and vice versa. I think it is very cute and very nice for the child too to be proud of the mosaic of their Christian background. smile

I hope that you are all doing well....

In Christ,
Alice
Posted By: Our Lady's slave Re: ITS A GIRL - 08/25/09 07:11 AM
Brad

Only one things left to say

This thread is useless without pictures

biggrin biggrin
Posted By: Intrigued Latin Re: ITS A GIRL - 08/25/09 02:47 PM

They're on their way....
Posted By: Intrigued Latin Re: ITS A GIRL - 08/25/09 03:26 PM

Here are some pics....

hopefully the link works...

Link to gallery of Ana [kodakgallery.ca]
Posted By: Alice Re: ITS A GIRL - 08/25/09 03:29 PM
All I get is a black screen! frown
Posted By: Intrigued Latin Re: ITS A GIRL - 08/25/09 03:40 PM

Try this link in a new page

http://www.kodakgallery.ca/ShareLan..._-site_share-_-core-_-view_photos_button
Posted By: Our Lady's slave Re: ITS A GIRL - 08/25/09 03:55 PM
She is absolutely adorable smile

BTW the first link worked for me smile

Looking at Ava now it really doesn't seem that long since you were telling us of her Baptism smile

How time flies - yes a cliché but appropriate biggrin , says she who thinks of her grandchildren of 14 , 13 and almost 11 frown
Posted By: Alice Re: ITS A GIRL - 08/25/09 04:00 PM
Okay, I saw the photos now...thank you sooo much, Brad, for sharing them!

The baby and the children are all beautiful. What a lovely family!! May God bless them. smile
Posted By: dochawk Re: ITS A GIRL - 08/28/09 03:39 AM
Originally Posted by Our Lady's slave
How time flies - yes a cliché but appropriate biggrin , says she who thinks of her grandchildren of 14 , 13 and almost 11 frown

What? !!!

They don't stay little???

No fair!

smile

hawk, reluctant grandpa
Posted By: MarkosC Re: ITS A GIRL - 08/28/09 03:48 AM
Congratulations, Intrigued Latin!
© The Byzantine Forum