www.byzcath.org
Check out the new updated website for the monastery. A daily timetable included and plenty of photos.

cool
http://hrmonline.org/
Glory to Jesus Christ!

Is that the Romanian Greek Catholic Monastery in California that have done those internet video interviews?

Kyrie eleison,

Manuel
Thanks Neil, though it's only 20 minutes away I have not had a chance to visit...
It's definitely worth the visit!
Glory to Jesus Christ!

Yes Manuel they are!!

The website is amazing and I am very pleased with it! I try to go there as often as I can. I pray that I can get there before my crowning in marriage next month.

Nelson
Dear Fr. Maximos was here at St. George helping Fr. Frank out, for a weekend a few weeks back. He learned to make grape leaves biggrin We only made 14,000 that Sat. though, have another 2,000 or so to go.

biggrin
Posted By: Alice Re: Holy Resurrection has new updated website. - 09/09/10 12:28 PM
Speaking of grape leaves-- smile

--we were leaving church the other day, and the parking lot is surrounded by vines, trees, bushes, etc...and mom recognized some grape leaves growing (without any poison ivy near it, as is sometimes the case up here), so she walked over and cut them and made us some quick stuffed grape leaves for lunch that day! The fresh leaves were awesome tasting....I know that when one buys them it is often hard to get the briny taste they have been packed in off of them.
Oh wow, i can just imagine. Just that freshness. Wow!

A lot of folks in the church use to share the grape leaves for us to cook with, but now, well the whole food festival is just too big. However, we do all the cooking ourselves, but some of the pastries that are just too labor intensice.
Just had my fill of them the other day at the Greek restaurant.
Love them. whistle
Stephanos I
PS The Greek Festival is in two weeks.
I stumbled on their site just recently and thought I'd been misdirected. LOL I'm still finding it a little challenging to find things, I was so used to the old one. It looks very nice indeed.

One of my fondest memories is of my best friend's mom and aunt stuffing grape leaves in her kitchen for hours on end. (Another favorite is the two of them dying each others hair in the same kitchen. grin )

We may be a Russian parish but I think we had 20 dolmas for each person present at Fr. Christopher's ordination celebration, first Divine Liturgy.

Stephanos I
PS The Greek Festival is in two weeks.

We're going 9/18 to the Glendi at St Seraphim in Santa Rosa [saintseraphim.com]. Is that what you're referring to, Father, or another one?
Just went through the photos on the website and the Deacon there is wearing the vestment he bought from my vestment shop!

orthovestments.com

smile
© The Byzantine Forum