www.byzcath.org
Posted By: chtets prayer into church slavonic - 08/11/13 06:07 PM
Does anyone have the text in Church Slavonic for the following prayers? Either in the Cyrillic or Latin alphabet. I've tried searching on the net, but to no avail. Thanks!

Glory be to the Father Who created us, now and for ever and ever. Amen.

Glory be to the Son Who redeemed us, now and for ever and ever. Amen.

Glory be to the Holy Spirit Who sanctifies us, now and for ever and ever. Amen.

A PRAYER OF OFFERING
Most glorious ever Virgin, Mother of Christ our God, accept our prayers and present them to Your Son and our God; and pray that through You, He may save our souls.

TO THE HOLY ANGELS
All heavenly hosts, holy Angels and Archangels, pray to God for us sinners.

TO THE SAINTS
Holy and glorious Apostles, Prophets, Martyrs, and all the Saints; pray to God for us sinners.

FINAL BLESSING
The Father is my hope. The Son is my refuge. The Holy Spirit is my protection. Most Holy Trinity, glory be to You!

Through the prayers of our holy fathers, O Lord, Jesus Christ our God, have mercy on us. Amen.

Chris
Posted By: theophan Re: prayer into church slavonic - 08/11/13 06:26 PM
chtets:

Have you tried the Slavonic prayerbook from Holy Trinity Monastery? They publish the prayerbook in an English vrsion that has been discussed here and also many Slavonic liturgical books.

Bob
Posted By: chtets Re: prayer into church slavonic - 08/11/13 06:33 PM
Hi Bob,

The last few prayers I can dig out of the Holy Trinity Monastery prayer book, but the others I can't find at all, i.e.:

Glory be to the Father Who created us, now and for ever and ever. Amen.

Glory be to the Son Who redeemed us, now and for ever and ever. Amen.

Glory be to the Holy Spirit Who sanctifies us, now and for ever and ever. Amen.

A PRAYER OF OFFERING
Most glorious ever Virgin, Mother of Christ our God, accept our prayers and present them to Your Son and our God; and pray that through You, He may save our souls.

Chris
Posted By: Chtec Re: prayer into church slavonic - 08/11/13 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by chtets
Hi Bob,

The last few prayers I can dig out of the Holy Trinity Monastery prayer book, but the others I can't find at all, i.e.:

Glory be to the Father Who created us, now and for ever and ever. Amen.

Glory be to the Son Who redeemed us, now and for ever and ever. Amen.

Glory be to the Holy Spirit Who sanctifies us, now and for ever and ever. Amen.

A PRAYER OF OFFERING
Most glorious ever Virgin, Mother of Christ our God, accept our prayers and present them to Your Son and our God; and pray that through You, He may save our souls.

Chris


The latter prayer to the Mother of God is from the end of the service of Compline.

I doubt the other prayers exist in Slavonic.

Fr. David
Posted By: Nataly Re: prayer into church slavonic - 08/12/13 04:30 PM
Originally Posted by chtets
Does anyone have the text in Church Slavonic for the following prayers? Either in the Cyrillic or Latin alphabet.


Chtets, I recognized only a part of it.

Originally Posted by chtets

A PRAYER OF OFFERING
Most glorious ever Virgin, Mother of Christ our God, accept our prayers and present them to Your Son and our God; and pray that through You, He may save our souls.

Преславная Приснодево, Мати Христа Бога, принеси нашу молитву Сыну Твоему и Богу нашему, да спасет Тобою души наша.(Преславная Вечнодева, Матерь Христа Бога, принеси нашу молитву Сыну Твоему и Богу нашему, да спасет через Тебя души наши)
Originally Posted by chtets

FINAL BLESSING
The Father is my hope. The Son is my refuge. The Holy Spirit is my protection. Most Holy Trinity, glory be to You!

Упование мое — Отец, прибежище мое — Сын, покров мой — Дух Святый: Троице Святая, слава Тебе.

Originally Posted by chtets
Through the prayers of our holy fathers, O Lord, Jesus Christ our God, have mercy on us. Amen.


Молитвами святых отец наших, Господи Иисусе Христе Боже наш, помилуй нас. Аминь.
Posted By: Nataly Re: prayer into church slavonic - 08/12/13 04:44 PM
Originally Posted by chtets
TO THE HOLY ANGELS
All heavenly hosts, holy Angels and Archangels, pray to God for us sinners.

Все небесные воинства святых Ангелов и Архангелов, молите о нас, грешных.

Originally Posted by chtets
TO THE SAINTS
Holy and glorious Apostles, Prophets, Martyrs, and all the Saints; pray to God for us sinners.

Святые славные Апостолы, пророки и мученики, и все святые, молите о нас, грешных.
Posted By: Orthodox Catholic Re: prayer into church slavonic - 08/12/13 05:14 PM
Dear Chtets,

The first three prayers do indeed exist in Slavonic. They are the prayers one says on the first three small beads of the Rosary in the EC tradition . . .

My Slavonic version is buried somewhere but I can give you the Ukrainian version:

Slava Otsiu scho nas sotvoryv, nyni i povsyakchas i na viky vikiv. Amin

Slava i Synu, scho nas vidkupyv, nyni i povsyakchas i na viky vikiv. Amin

Slava i Svyatomu Dukhovi scho nas osvyativ, nyni i povsyakchas i na viky vikiv. Amin

I used to say these prayers in Slavonic years ago as a prelude to the Rosary.

Alex
Posted By: chtets Re: prayer into church slavonic - 08/15/13 10:31 AM
Thanks to everyone that responded! I really appreciate it!
Posted By: Orthodox Catholic Re: prayer into church slavonic - 08/15/13 11:53 AM
Don't mention it!

Alex
© The Byzantine Forum