The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
G Craig Dunford, hydra, Kind, Augoustinos, Poliscifi
5607 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 61 guests, and 458 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
Byzantine Nebraska
Church of the Holy Trinity (UGCC) - Brazil
Papal Audience 10 November 2017
Upgraded Russian icon corner
Russian Greek Catholic Global Congress
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics34,761
Posts412,087
Members5,607
Most Online2,716
Jun 7th, 2012
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Prayers for Fr. Joseph Francavilla #419596 10/25/19 08:49 PM
Administrator Offline OP
John
OP Offline
John
From the parish e-list. Please keep Fr. Joseph in your prayers.

Dear Parishioners & Friends,

Father Joseph has asked me to inform you that he has had a recurrence of his cancer. At present, his doctor is working out a care plan for him. Father would appreciate your prayers but requests NO phone calls at this time. He is very tired and in much need of rest. I will send updates as I am given them.

In the meantime, if you have a message for Father Joseph, please send them to me or one of the deacons. We will be more than happy to pass them along to him at an appropriate time. Contact information is in the signature block below as well as in the bulletin header.

In Christ,

Dcns. Melissa Olt, Parish Secretary
Holy Transfiguration Melkite Greek-Catholic Church
8501 Lewinsville Road
McLean, VA 22102

office@holytransfiguration.org

Re: Prayers for Fr. Joseph Francavilla [Re: Administrator] #419599 10/26/19 02:43 AM
Thomas the Seeker Offline
Gospodi pomiljoy!

Re: Prayers for Fr. Joseph Francavilla [Re: Administrator] #419620 11/10/19 06:41 PM
Administrator Offline OP
John
OP Offline
John
Prayers continue. Below is the prayer attached to the status email sent yesterday:

"O Lord Jesus Christ our Savior: for our sakes thou wast born; for our sakes thou didst hunger and thirst; for our sakes thou didst suffer and give thy life over to death. As thou didst cause thy servant the Archimandrite Joseph to share in thy sufferings, so too, cause him to share in thy grace. May thy precious Blood wash away the stains of his sins; may thy righteousness was away his unrigteousness. Look instead upon his faith in thee and not upon his sins, when he shall stand before thee his Judge. As his sickness increases, so also let thy plenteous Grace increase on him; let not his faith waiver, nor his hope fail, nor his love grow cold; let not the fear of death cause him to cast away his trust in thee, or to place it anywhere except on thee. But looking steadfastly unto thee to the end let him say: 'Into thy hands, O Lord, I commend my spirit,' and so enter into thine everlasting kingdom, of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, both now and ever and unto the ages of ages. Amen."

This morning after Divine Liturgy the whole congregation stayed and sang "Agni Parthene " ("O Virgin Pure") for Fr. Joseph. It was beautiful.

Re: Prayers for Fr. Joseph Francavilla [Re: Administrator] #419621 11/10/19 06:45 PM
Thomas the Seeker Offline
Beautiful hymn, but an even more beautiful prayer.

The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2019 (Forum 1998-2019). All rights reserved.