- Created: 19 April 2007
Mission Parishes and Communities
The following Mission Parishes or Communities currently have a regular celebration of the Divine Liturgy or other Divine Services or are hoping to establish a Mission:
- Existing Mission Parishes and Communities
- FLORIDA: Melbourne, FL: Currently meeting at the chapel at the Florida Institute of Technology on the 1st & 3rd Sundays of each month at 3:00 PM. Contact Rev. Salvatore Pignato at St. Nicholas Parish in Orlando at 407-351-0133 or Jack Loos at 407-951-1979.
- INDIANA: Fort Wayne, Indiana: Divine Liturgy will be served once a month in the McDougal Chapel of the RC Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception, 1122 South Clinton Street. For precise date each month contact Subdeacon Adam DeVille at 260-399-7700 x8120 or email him at
- KANSAS: Topeka, KS: Holy New Martyrs of Ukraine Apostolate (UGCC) currently meets at the former St Joseph Catholic School, 3rd & Van Buren Streets, Topeka. The Ninth Hour & Great Vespers are served Saturday at 5:00PM, Hours & Typika on Sunday at 10:00AM. For more information, e-mail Deacon Randolph Brown at
or see the Website to confirm days, dates, and times.
- KANSAS: Wichita, KS: Holy Apostles Byzantine Catholic Mission, Served from Holy New Martyrs of Ukraine Apostolate, Topeka. See the Website for more information.
- MARYLAND: Montgomery County, MD: Upper Montgomery County Byzantine Catholic Mission - Currently meeting for Divine Liturgy every Sunday at 10:00 AM at the Mother of God Community School, 20501 Goshen Road, Gaithersburg, Maryland. Byzantine Christian Formation classes and social hour follow liturgy. For further information, contact Fr. John G. Basarab at 703-573-3986.
- MISSISSIPPI: Jackson, MS/Central Mississippi: Anyone interested in establishing a Byzantine Catholic presence in these areas, with the goal of having a mission, please contact James (Jim) McCafferty, Box 5092, Jackson, Mississippi 39296; 601.366.3506 or e-mail
- MISSOURI: St Louis, MO: The Byzantine Ruthenian Mission Parish of Saint Louis currently meets in the Adoration Chapel of Blessed John XXIII Center of St Mark's Catholic Church, 8300 Morganford Road, St Louis, MO. Saturday Liturgy (Sunday Vigil) is at 6:30 PM and Feast Day Vigil Liturgies are at 7:15 PM, as are Feast Day Liturgies. For more information, please e-mail Father Eugene Selzer at
or see the Website
- NEBRASKA: Lincoln, NE: Melkite Byzantine Catholic Community currently meets weekly at St George Ukrainian Greek-Catholic Church, 3330 North 13th St, Lincoln, NE. For more information or to receive e-mail notification about the schedule of Divine Services, e-mail
or see the Website
- NORTH CAROLINA: Charlotte, NC: Saint Basil the Great Ukrainian Greek-Catholic Mission is currently meeting to serve the Divine Liturgy every Saturday at 5:00PM (Sacrament of Reconciliation at 4 PM) in the School Chapel of Charlotte Catholic High School, 7702 Pineville Matthews Road, Charlotte, NC. For more information, contact Father Mark Shuey at 919-779-7246, or see the Website
- NORTH CAROLINA: Garner, NC: Sts. Volodymyr and Olha Ukrainian Catholic Church, 8312 White Oak Rd. Garner, NC 27529 Contact Fr. Jason Charron Tel: 919-376-8099 or see the Website
- NORTH CAROLINA: Raleigh, NC: Saint Nicholas Ukrainian Greek-Catholic Mission currently meets to serve the Divine Liturgy at 10:00AM each Sunday at St Thomas More Academy, 3109 Spring Forest Road, Raleigh, NC 27616. Feast Day Vespers on the Vigil at 6:00PM, with Liturgy on the Feast Day, also at 6:00PM at the same location. For more information, e-mail
or contact Father Mark Shuey at 919-779-7246 or see the Website
- NORTH CAROLINA: Southern Pines, NC - St Michael's Ukrainian Greek-Catholic Mission meets in its Chapel, located in Building 1 of Canady Plaza, 655 So. Bennett St, Southern Pines, NC. The Divine Liturgy is served once monthly on Sunday at 3:00pm; Mystery of Confession available at 2:00pm on that Sunday. A Typica (Reader's Service with the Mystery of the Holy Eucharist) is served on the other Sundays of each month. All Divine Services are conducted in English. Youth and Adult Catechism Classes conducted weekly. For more information, please e-mail Fr. Deacon Daniel or call 910-295-2266.
- OKLAHOMA: Norman, OK: The Divine Liturgy will be offered at St. Mark The Evangelist Catholic Church in Norman, OK on the 2nd Sunday of every month at 6PM.
- OKLAHOMA: Tulsa, OK: Fellowship of St. Athanasius - currently meeting every Saturday at 6:00 PM. Contact Fr. Gary Sherman at 918-585-8280 or see the Website
- SOUTH CAROLINA: Columbia, SC: Any and all persons interested in participating in an Eastern Catholic mission please contact: 803-381-7073.
- TENNESSEE: Knoxville / Seymour, TN: St. Thomas the Apostle Greek Catholic Mission Parish. See the Website
- TEXAS: Austin, TX: Currently meeting on the first Saturday of every month at Our Lady’s Maronite Parish at 1320 East 51st Street, Austin, TX 78723, phone 512-458-3693. For information please contact Fr. Stephen Wahal in Irving at 972-438-5644 or Brian Lloyd at 512-301-4483.
- TEXAS: San Antonio, TX: St Anastasia the Great Martyr Byzantine Mission meeting at 9:00am on the 1st and 3rd Sundays in each month. For further information, please contact Jim at 210-269-5610, e-mail him at
or see the Website.
- WASHINGTON: Richland, WA: Currently meeting at Christ the King Roman Catholic Church, 1126 Long Av, Richland, WA. For more information please contact Fr. Kurt Burnette of the Eparchy of Van Nuys (503-777-1814) or Jerry Vakoc (509-375-8541 (days) or 509-736-5500 (evenings)). Currently meeting for the celebration of the Divine Liturgy every 3rd Sunday of the month at 6:30 PM.
- ALABAMA: Mobile, Alabama / Gulf Coast Mississippi: Contact St. Catherine of Siena Church, 2605 Springhill Ave., Mobile, AL 36607, Phone: 251-473-1415,
- KENTUCKY: Lexington, Kentucky - NEW (Posted 8/16/2012): Anyone interested in having the Divine Liturgy served regularly in Lexington and hopefully starting a Byzantine Mission, please contact A.J. Elko by e-mail at
NEW MEXICO: Gallup, New Mexico: Contact Phoenix at 602-861-9778.
- OKLAHOMA: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma: Contact Tulsa or the Archeparchy of Pittsburgh.
Information is being sought to determine if sufficient interest exists to pursue the formation of missions in the following areas: