Created on 13 July 2012
St. Petersburg, Russia - We are very glad to invite you to the II INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE Modern Sacred Icon in the World. The event will take place in St. Petersburg (Russia) on September 25-28th, 2012. The venue is The Holy Trinity Alexander Nevsky Lavra in St. Petersburg.
First conference in November 2011 has aroused the great interest and demanded to be continued. The Modern Icon in the World Conference provides equal opportunities for debating and exchanging opinions to all participants. We invite the leading masters in this field to be speakers and moderators. We do not limit ourselves to theoretical aspects only, but provide opportunities for practice in icon-painting workshop, round table discussions and exhibitions.
Among the speakers this year are:
- Dmitry Mironenko (Russia)
- Irina Yazykova (Russia)
- Don Gianluca Busi (Italy)
- Alexander Kopirovsky (Russia)
- Vladimir Grigorenko (USA)
- Giancarlo Pellegrini (Italy)
- George Kordis (Greece)
- Elias Damianakis (USA)
- Alexandru Coman (Romania)
- Christ J. Kamages (Greece/USA)
- Debra Lynn Korluka (USA)
- Tamara Mikhailova (Russia)
- video presentation by Stéphane and Monica René (UK)
- presentation by Irina Gorbunova-Lomaks (Belgium)
The official languages of the Conference are Russian, English and Italian.
We expect participants including leading icon-painters from such countries like Russia, Italy, France, Greece, USA, UK, Canada, Great Britain, Japan, Serbia etc.
The conference is fee-based. The fee is (per person):
- EUR 330 (without accommodation)
- EUR 250 (online, watch live streaming conference online)
- EUR 930 (all-inclusive)
Participants pay the visa and travel costs to St. Petersburg. Regarding visas, from our side we are ready to provide a visa invitation and the guarantee letter (required for visa obtaining) for you, if needed.
We also provide additional advertisement, promotion and selling opportunities: exhibition and sale of icons and books during the Conference; placement of article (EUR 150) or advertisement (EUR 400) in the catalogue of conference. If you are interested in promotion of your activity at the Conference, we will be glad to discuss the most convenient options with you and provide all details.
Attendance of the conference allows to gain the following:
1. You will gain new knowledge that you can apply in practice
2. You will have the possibility to tell about you and your work
3. You can see the work of eight icon-painters in real - time
4. You will be able to see the work of internal workshops of the Alexander- Nevsky Lavra in St. Petersburg
5. If you prepare your questions, you can get answers to them in the debates and round tables
5. You will be able to make new interesting contacts and discuss the subjects you are interested in
6. You can see several modern facilities of the temple construction in Russia
7. You could meet with the manufacturers of products for icon painters and supporting associations and organizations
Information about this Conference is available at: http://www.versta-k.ru/en/conference/
Information about 1st conference held in November 2011: http://www.versta-k.ru/en/conference/conference2011.php
Feedback on the 1st conference: http://www.versta-k.ru/en/conference/Feedback.php
And finally information about our books: http://www.versta-k.ru/en/catalog/list.php?SECTION_ID=8
To register, please, contact:
Phone: +7 (812) 386-6401
Phone: + 7 911 965 2462, Elena
Phone: +7 952 215 7876, Natalia