The history of St Gregory the Theologian Church appears on The Carpathian Connection, a site created by Steven Osifchin to document the history of and assist in genealogical research for those from the former Carpathian territories or of Carpatho-Rusyn heritage.
The interior and exterior photographs are by Jim Prebish, a former parishioner of St Gregory the Theologian Church and a member of the Byzantine Forum community - where he posts as Etnick. The photographs, taken on 11 December 2011, the day on which the final Divine Liturgy was served, are used here with Jim's kind permission.
The Facebook link is to an album of photographs also taken on the day of the final Divine Liturgy served at St Gregory Church. The album is graciously hosted on the Facebook page of St Nicholas Byzantine Church in Barberton, OH, in memory of its sister parish.
Our Lord Jesus Christ..., who came to liberate mankind, in which both males and females are destined to salvation, was not adverse to males, for He took the form of a male, nor to females, for of a female He was born. Besides, there is a great mystery here: that just as death comes to us through a woman, Life is born to us through a woman; that the devil - defeated - would be tormented by each nature, feminine and masculine, since he had taken delight in the defection of both.
St. Augustine of Hippo, Ca. A.D. 397, Christian Combat 22, 24 in The Faith of the Early Fathers (Jurgens, Liturgical Press) 3:50, no. 1578