The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Galumph, Leon_C, Rocco, Hvizsgyak, P.W.
5,984 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 456 guests, and 39 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,389
Posts416,722
Members5,984
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Church News Jump to new posts
Re: Polish and Ukrainian bishops on same-sex blessings theophan 03/29/24 01:36 AM
Christ is in our midst!!

The Lord wondered "will I find faith on earth" at His return. The longer this goes, the farther apart the Apostolic Churches move. So much for the last half century or more of hard work and dialogue that had at is aim our eventual return to full communion. Seems it has all gone down with this one document.

One thing that stands out to me is that eventual communion will mean that no one makes a statement like this without consultation--a consultation that would have stopped it in its development.
116 9,069 Read More
Church News Jump to new posts
Re: Polish and Ukrainian bishops on same-sex blessings Apotheoun 03/29/24 12:35 AM
Click the link below to read a news article about the recent official response of the Russian Orthodox Church to the Vatican document "Fiducia Supplicans":

RUSSIAN CHURCH RESPONDS TO CATHOLIC DOCUMENT ON BLESSING GAY COUPLES, FIDUCIA SUPPLICANS [orthochristian.com]
116 9,069 Read More
Faith & Theology Jump to new posts
Re: Question on the Sacrament of Confession Adamcsc 03/27/24 11:22 PM
I don't understand what you mean. Mortal sins CAN be forgiven without confessing to a priest.
Like, when you're about to die, and there's no priest available.
1 85 Read More
Old-Ritualists Forum Jump to new posts
Re: New lestovka owner with questions JohnFromRuthenia 03/25/24 10:32 PM
The Lestovka has a marker at the 12th, 50th, and 83rd steps. you just go around the desired amount of times for the service, then stop. If it tells you to do 150 bows, go around one and a half times.
2 169 Read More
Question on the Sacrament of Confession Bishop Titus 03/25/24 05:30 AM
Can mortal sins be forgiven without confessing before the priest? Are mortal sins only ever forgiven through confession in a church?
I've heard different explanations about this from Orthodox Christians. I'm also curious if Eastern Catholics have a legal view of forgiveness as do Roman Catholics. Hopefully, you all can enlighten me!
1 85 Read More
Re: Differences of Doctrine Bishop Titus 03/23/24 06:23 PM
Wonderful.
2 110 Read More
Re: Differences of Doctrine theophan 03/23/24 05:48 PM
Christ is in our midst!!

Bishop Titus,

We have a number of very astute members here who can answer your very open question. It may take several threads, though.

Bob
2 110 Read More
Re: Question on Papal Infallibility? theophan 03/23/24 05:46 PM
Christ is in our midst!!

Bishop Titus,

Welcome to the forum.

Bob
1 73 Read More
Question on Papal Infallibility? Bishop Titus 03/23/24 05:29 PM
Do Eastern Catholics embrace the doctrines of papal infallibility and papal supremacy? Is Vatican I binding on Eastern Catholics?
1 73 Read More
Differences of Doctrine Bishop Titus 03/23/24 05:15 PM
Hey, all! I am new to this forum and excited to learn from all of you. As a member of the Catholic Church, I am increasingly interested in Eastern Christianity. I have been reading Edward Faulk's book, among other sources. However, I do have a few important questions. Since I don't want to fill this post with too many questions, I will just ask one. Are there areas of doctrine where Melkite Catholics and Eastern Orthodox differ?
2 110 Read More
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.