Topics35,076
Posts414,149
Members5,785
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Prayer Jump to new posts
January Anniversaries of Repose Irish Melkite 01/19/22 05:55 AM
In your charity, please remember in prayer the members of our forum community whose anniversary of repose fell during the month of January.

January 7 was the 12th anniversary of repose of Mark Clay, a devoted member of the Orthodox faith, who posted here as rwprof

January 15 was the 1st anniversary of repose of Archpriest John Morris of the Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese who posted here as Fr John Morris and as frjohnmorris at OrthodoxChristianity.net

January 26 will be the 7th anniversary of repose of my high school classmate, John Bonnage, who posted here for many years as Dr John

O God of all spiritual and corporeal beings, You Who trampled death, broke the power of Satan and granted life to the whole world, now, O Lord, grant rest to the soul of Your departed servants, Mark, the Priest John, and John, in a place of light, freshness, and peace, where there is neither pain, nor sorrow, nor mourning, but only life everlasting.

As You are a gracious God and the Lover of mankind, forgive them every transgression committed by them in word, thought, or deed, since there is no man alive who has not sinned, for You alone are without sin and You are the Resurrection and the Life, O Christ our God, and we render glory to You, together with Your Eternal Father, and Your most Holy, gracious, and life-giving Spirit, now and always and forever.

May their memories be eternal and may all of their loved ones be comforted in the prayerful expectation of being reunited with them in Heaven
0 6 Read More
Prayer Jump to new posts
Re: Happy New Year 2022! Irish Melkite 01/19/22 05:40 AM
A blessed and joyous and healthful New Year to all the members of our forum community

Many years,

Neil
3 147 Read More
Prayer Jump to new posts
Re: Please pray for me as I discern eastern Catholicism Irish Melkite 01/19/22 05:37 AM
Joseph,

Prayers for your discernment, that the Lord guide you in finding the spiritual path that is most beneficial to your growth and continued faith

Many years,

Neil
1 53 Read More
Prayer Jump to new posts
+Kenneth Michael Dilks Administrator 01/18/22 05:12 PM
In your prayers, please remember the soul of the newly-departed servant of God, +Kenneth Michael Dilks, who was the Cantor at Saint George Byzantine Catholic Church in Newark, New Jersey. Ken had also previously served several other parishes in New Jersey.

Cantor Ken reposed in the Lord just before midnight on Sunday, January 16, 2022.

Memory Eternal! Вічная Память!

O God of spirits and of all flesh, you have replaced our spirit of despair with a robe of glory and joined the soul to the body and again set it free, drawing back to yourself the spirit you had given, even as what is dust returns to dust.

Therefore, Christ our Master, accept the soul[ of your newly-departed servant, Kenneth, and make him worthy of rest with your saints in a place of light, in the land of the pious, in a place of repose where pain, sorrow, and mourning have been driven away, because there is no real death for your servants, but only a transfer of the soul.

If he has sinned in word, deed, or thought, overlook it as a good and loving God. Be the help and consolation of those who mourn. Brighten the gloom of their faintheartedness with your spiritual light. Keep us who have gathered to honor these earthly remains and deal mercifully with our transgressions. For you are the remission of our faults and we give glory to you, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, now and ever and forever. Amen.

Received from Cantor Joseph Ferenchick
0 16 Read More
Books Jump to new posts
Re: Looking for the People's book in Church Slavonic. JohnFromRuthenia 01/17/22 02:42 AM
Thank you so much!
-John
2 80 Read More
Icons & Iconography Jump to new posts
Re: Ikon interpretation JosephS 01/16/22 04:35 PM
While he doesn't cover this exact version of the icon, you may find this talk by Jonathan Pageau useful:

He talks about the symbolism in very similar icons of the Nativity in this video.
2 69 Read More
Town Hall Jump to new posts
Re: Holy Trinity Church Bridgeport, Conn. ajk 01/16/22 02:34 PM
6 1,033 Read More
Icons & Iconography Jump to new posts
Interpretation of ikon by basil lefchick Deirdre Glasheen 01/14/22 02:54 PM
I would like to know about this ikon by basil
Lefchick. His web address the[img]http://[/img]ikonstudio.com has errors in it and I cannot get in. I attempted to attach the image but that is not working. Thanks

Deirdre glasheen
0 19 Read More
Books Jump to new posts
Re: Carpatho-Rusyn Gospel NOVAByz 01/14/22 01:58 PM
Thank you, Father Al!
2 180 Read More
Prayer Jump to new posts
Re: Deacon Gene Administrator 01/09/22 02:13 AM
Prayers for Deacon Gene. May the Lord grant him the fullness of healing and many years in peace, health and salvation!
3 166 Read More
Scripture and Patristic Writings Jump to new posts
Re: Excellent “Bible in a Year” Study JosephS 12/31/21 10:13 PM
If anyone missed it (like I did), or is interested in listening from the beginning, Fr. Mike Schmitz will be starting over again for 2022 beginning tomorrow: https://ascensionpress.com/pages/biy-registration
3 1,570 Read More
Prayer Jump to new posts
Re: For me ajk 12/30/21 04:39 PM
You are in my prayers.
8 303 Read More
Prayer Jump to new posts
Re: Prayer Request for Elizabeth Alice 12/27/21 02:02 AM
May her memory be eternal.
With sympathy,
Alice
9 507 Read More
Church News Jump to new posts
Re: Exhibit explores profound role religion played in Andy Warhol's l Thomas the Seeker 12/26/21 04:47 AM
I struggle with this attempt at sanctifying someone who gave outward appearances of being unrepentant.

Yet if we are honest we all live a Romans 7 life.

Kyrie eleison.

Christ is Born--Glorify HIM!
3 446 Read More
Prayer Jump to new posts
Christ is Born! Glorify Him! (2021) Administrator 12/26/21 02:36 AM
Prayers for all our Forum participants and readers and their families for a wonderful and joyful celebration of Christmas!
0 51 Read More
Prayer Jump to new posts
Re: Prayers for my dear friend, Mary Lou Devin1890 12/21/21 02:45 PM
Grant health of mind, body and spirit to your servant Mary Lou, O Lord.
1 100 Read More
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2022 (Forum 1998-2022). All rights reserved.