The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Galumph, Leon_C, Rocco, Hvizsgyak, P.W.
5,984 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 246 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,389
Posts416,722
Members5,984
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
6 Images
Administrator
Saint Tikhon Orthodox Monastery - South Canaan, PA

I took these photos today at Saint Tikhon's. The weather wasn't the greatest for shooting photos, but at least it was a lot warmer (almost 60 degrees today) than it has been.

The monastery is also home to a parish church, press, cemetery, museum, and also the seminary.

In IC XC,
Father Anthony+
8 Comments
Orthodox Christian
Orthodox Christian
Lovely photos, Father Anthony.

It looks so peaceful.

Burrr, all that snow made me feel cold... and yes, another cold front is moving into Los Angeles again.

Slava Isusu Khrystu!

Thank you, Father Anthony, for sharing those photographs with us here at the Forum. They really have a good active spiritual life at St. Tikhon's thank heaven. We need holy monasteries and churches and good priests, monks and nuns to remind us of the very real and concrete presence of the Lord in our world! Hopefully you had a pleasant pilgrimage there.

Bude eemya Hospodne!

John Doucette

O
Forum Keilbasa Sleuth
Forum Keilbasa Sleuth
O
Thank you for the nice photos. Very nice indeed.

Beautiful photos. I have a friend who just entered St. Tikhon's as a seminarian. His name is Chris. Please pray for him!

D
Jessup B.C. Deacon
Jessup B.C. Deacon
D
Father,

We must both have been there at the same time. I work for a Bank, and was off because of the holiday. My son and I were at the bookstore yesterday afternoon between 1:30 P.M. and 3:00 P.M. Odd coincidence!

In Christ,
Dn. Robert

Isn't Fr. Toth now buried inside the monastery church? Is the tomb at the back of the church building his former resting place?

John K

Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
John,

I believe that some of his relics are inside the church. There is a reliquary with a large relic of his off to the right of the iconostasis. Whether there are any remaining relics in the tomb or not, I am not sure.

In IC XC,
Father Anthony+

PS, If I get a chance this evening, I may put up a separate post of his reliquary that is located in that church. I know I have at least five photos of it.

C
C
The entire body of St. Alexis Toth (minus, of course, the portions that have been given to other churches) is located inside the monastery church to the right of the iconostas, on the southern kliros. His original tomb is empty and remains locked most of the time. I have seen it used for other, more ordinary purposes; at several Memorial Day pilgrimages, it was used as a room for sound equipment.

Dave

Last edited by Chtec; 02/19/08 09:33 PM.

Moderated by  Administrator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.