The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Annapolis Melkites, Daniel Hoseiny, PaulV, ungvar1900, Donna Zoll
5,993 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 383 guests, and 41 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,393
Posts416,749
Members5,993
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#142954 06/05/06 01:09 AM
Armando Offline OP
OP Offline
I had expressed some wrong views on prayers (that they don't work) which I recall after realising how wrong I was. I just spent about 10 minutes praying. I know I have been wrong (just like I've been wrong many more times before). I ask you...I beg all of you to pray so that my prayers come true. I don't ask for wealth or expensive cars. All I want is to have a family, a wife and possibly a daughter or son. To give my very best to protect and love them. I know I have done things that deserve punishment and spending the rest of my life alone would be a proper one by God. But I am sorry for every one of my sins... I might have chosen wrong sides (Catholic or Orthodox) or even being wrong by treating Orthodoxy and Catholicism as two seperate Churches. I just want to one day become a good husband and a good father. I know I will if God gives me the chance. I also apologise to those I have made upset in this board and in OrthodoxChristianity.net but I assure everyone it wasn't less difficult and upseting for me than it was for you. I also apologise and beg for forgiveness by my heavenly patrons: St Jude Thaddeus, St Peter, St Minas, St Michael the Archangel (which had also done a great miracle for me when I was a baby) and my guardian angel (which to me is the best guardian angel I could ever have) for doubting them and not appreciating their gifts throughout my life.

#142955 06/05/06 01:17 AM
Originally posted by Armando:
I had expressed some wrong views on prayers (that they don't work) which I recall after realising how wrong I was. I just spent about 10 minutes praying. I know I have been wrong (just like I've been wrong many more times before). I ask you...I beg all of you to pray so that my prayers come true. I don't ask for wealth or expensive cars. All I want is to have a family, a wife and possibly a daughter or son. To give my very best to protect and love them. I know I have done things that deserve punishment and spending the rest of my life alone would be a proper one by God. But I am sorry for every one of my sins... I might have chosen wrong sides (Catholic or Orthodox) or even being wrong by treating Orthodoxy and Catholicism as two seperate Churches. I just want to one day become a good husband and a good father. I know I will if God gives me the chance. I also apologise to those I have made upset in this board and in OrthodoxChristianity.net but I assure everyone it wasn't less difficult and upseting for me than it was for you. I also apologise and beg for forgiveness by my heavenly patrons: St Jude Thaddeus, St Peter, St Minas, St Michael the Archangel (which had also done a great miracle for me when I was a baby) and my guardian angel (which to me is the best guardian angel I could ever have) for doubting them and not appreciating their gifts throughout my life.
I must say that it is good to see you back in the land of the living. When I was 16, one of my boon companions did, in actual fact, kill himself. It was one of the most shocking painful things in my life. I found him dead in his father's car in the garage. All blue and lifeless. Horrid! I swore then that no matter how bad things got I would never inflict that kind of thing on anyone, stranger, friend or family!!

You know, everyone here seems to know all about you. But I know next to nothing at all about you. Would you tell me a bit of your life so I can "see" you a little better, please? I am sure the others won't mind hearing it again.

Eli

#142956 06/05/06 01:47 AM
Dear Armando,

Christ forgives so who are WE to not forgive?!? smile

Armando, you don't know how much you are in our prayers. Being a teenager is a very confusing time. Your emotions, your feelings are very real and we respect them. Your ups and downs are very real for one your age as well....

However, you do confuse us a bit. First you say that you have chosen to become a Catholic priest and now you want to get married. Ofcourse, if you want to do both, you will have to become an Orthodox priest! wink :p wink

I do hope that whatever you chose, that you will still go to Rome as an opportunity to have a spiritual retreat away from everyone and everything--a place to gather your thoughts, and make decisions for yourself. A change of scenery and people make an amazing difference every once in a while in everyone's life.

Now please get some sleep (you forget that I know that Greece is 7 hours ahead in time) and consider getting some type of help if you continue feeling depressed...and never forget that we care about you alot, and that you have others where you live who love and care about you too.

May God bless you and may our blessed Lady the Theotokos protect you and comfort you always. smile

Me agape en Christo,
Alice

#142957 06/05/06 02:07 AM
Armando,

Hang in there! You are in our prayers!

I have been in your situation before. Just be patient, pray, and God will bless you.

Your friend in Christ!
Ray

#142958 06/05/06 03:07 AM
Catholic Gyoza
Catholic Gyoza
Armando,

Seeing that you changed your Icon back to St. Peter is a good sign for me. I hope I didn't offend you in the PMs I sent. If I did I beg your forgiveness.

There is nothing to ask me forgiveness for. I am genuinely concerned for you and your well being. Too bad you are thousands of miles away because I would invite you over for tea, soda, water, whatever so we could talk this out.

There have been many people that I have known who have killed themselves, and it has always been horrible. The mothers and fathers wailed and gnashed their teeth. The wives and children sobbed and screamed. But no one could bring them back. You have a great potential inside of you. Don't let it go to waste. Become what God has planned for you. You are still young, you aren't really supposed to know what that is yet. Give yourself a couple of more years and it will be revealed to you.

I prayed for you today during my prayer rule of St. Seraphim of Sarov. I will continue to pray for you as one of my intentions for the rest of the prayer rule. I know that God will heal you of your ills. But you have to let him...

#142959 06/05/06 03:52 AM
Armando Offline OP
OP Offline
Well, I stayed up cause I was studying History.
I am going to take an exam today (in about 1 hour) and I need to do good otherwise I might fail the year (which would be real trouble!!).

So I have to ask you to pray for me (once again) so that I do good cause I skipped some bits I didn't have time to study.

Also, I started a nistia (fast) for a week as a tama to our Lord.

Dominus Vobiscum

#142960 06/05/06 12:24 PM
B
B
Prayers for you, of course. There's nothing wrong with the things you want, but have you considered the timing? God's gifts are given to us in God's good time, not always in ours. Perhaps now is not the time for the things you seek. This is in no way a criticism of you, but perhaps you are yourself not ready for those things. Trust God on this.

#142961 06/07/06 10:38 PM
Dear Armando,

I pray that the Holy Spirit brings the true love of Christ into your heart, and that your life is filled with all His love and mercy!

#142962 06/12/06 03:40 AM
May the peace of Christ be with you...

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen....

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.