The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Atomic Parakeet 1, Anna777, HeraclitusTheObscu, Charbelknox, Andreas_Iacobus
5,828 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
2 members (Mockingbird, 1 invisible), 75 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Byzantine Nebraska
Byzantine Nebraska
by orthodoxsinner2, December 11
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,137
Posts414,729
Members5,828
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
Reznut Offline OP
Silent Member
OP Offline
Silent Member
R
The picture below shows the dome with most of the mosaic tiles on it. Our new Justinian Byzantine cross that will top it off has already been delivered. The cross is not on the dome as of yet but we did have a cross blessing ceremony on September 18th. The cross is also mosaic but was made to reflect light since we cannot shine a light on it because of being on a residential street.

Go here for some new pics, which include the new cross: Reznut\'s Webshots Photo Albums [community.webshots.com]

Here is a glimpse of our temple with the dome:
[Linked Image]

In Christ, Michelle

Wow Michelle,

Thanks so much for letting us see the process that has taken place. It is beautiful.

Pani Rose

It certainly is beautiful. How blessed you and Anaheim are to have such a fine dome and temple. Thanks for sharing the other pictures too.

Cheers and blessings to you, Michelle.
smile
Mary Jo

Administrator
Administrator
Very impressive!

Father Anthony+

Everyone baptized into Christ should pass progressively through all the stages of Christ's own life, for in baptism he receives the power so to progress, and through the commandments he can discover and learn how to accomplish such progression. - Saint Gregory of Sinai
G
G
How wonderful! smile smile
Annunciation was the first Eastern Catholic parish I went to over ten years ago when the parish was still using Saint Catherine's Chapel.

I was there this past August, and am looking forward to seeing the interior of the new church.

Has a date been set for the consecration and opening of the church?

Griego

R
Reznut Offline OP
Silent Member
OP Offline
Silent Member
R
Originally posted by griego catolico:

Has a date been set for the consecration and opening of the church?
No dates have been given at this time. I think it's safe to assume it will be before Christmas. wink I definitely will post the information here once Fr. George has made an official announcement to us.

In Christ, Michelle

Slava Isusu Christu!

Hello all,

WELL... SHUT MY MOUTH!!!! biggrin

Today, I was told by Marya Weil (while in a teachers meeting) and confirmed by Mrs. Mark Brown (Mark is our deacon candidate and contractor liason), that we will most likely have Divine Liturgy December 11 in our new church. We will then have our St. Nicholas play/pagent in the parish hall... where we are currently raising the roof and churching it up!!

There are no guarantees that we can have Divine Liturgies in the new church prior to then. There are hopes for the End of November ~~~~ though Fr. George did not make any mention today about WHEN.... WHEN.... WHEN!!!!!

oh like he likes to remind us on occasion... it'll be done, when it's done!!

toodles & God bless, sUSAn
oops! lost that inner voice again. wink

Moderated by  Father Anthony 

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2022 (Forum 1998-2022). All rights reserved.