The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Galumph, Leon_C, Rocco, Hvizsgyak, P.W.
5,984 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 246 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,389
Posts416,722
Members5,984
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Thepeug Offline OP
OP Offline
Please remember in your prayers the newly-ordained servant of God, Mark Shuey. He was ordained a priest this morning at SS Vladimir & Olha Ukranian Catholic Church in Garner, NC by Bishop Robert for the eparchy of Parma. With a large family, a steady job, and three mission parishes to look after, Fr. Mark has his hands full, so I'm sure he could use many prayers. May God bless him as a humble worker in His vineyard and a holy priest!

F
F
Many Years! One question: where is Garner, N. Carolina?

Fr. Serge

U
U
Is he related to the Shuey family from Central Pennsylvania (Matt was football star PSU/NFL)?

Axios! Axios! Axios!

Ungcsertezs

Tell me more about these missions also in North Carolina. The Parma eparchy's website doesn't list any presence in North Carolina other than the Carolinas are its territory.

(My brother lives in Charlotte - and while he's not a practicing anything, I'd certainly like to attend something Greek Catholic when I'm in the area).

Many years to Fr. Mark!!!

Thepeug Offline OP
OP Offline
Ung,

I don't know whether he's related to the Shuey's in Pennslyvania. I'll check for you, though.

Fr. Serge,

Garner is directly southeast of Raleigh, off of Hwy 70.

Crule,

The first mission is the aforementioned SS Vladimir & Olha in Garner. The small community is off to a great start: they've got a great piece of property, and will soon build a new church on the site (a barn is serving as the temporary church).

The second mission, St. Basil's, is in Charlotte. I grew up in Charlotte, but I have yet to attend a liturgy at St. Basil's, so I can't comment too much. I do know that the liturgy is served the third week of every month at Charlotte Catholic high school if you're interested.

The third mission has yet to materialize, but will be based in Winston Salem.

I'll keep you updated if I learn more.

God bless,

Chris (who doesn't know how to use the quote feature for multiple posts)

Roy Offline
There are two parishes in the Raleigh area. In addition to Sts. V&O which is all Ukrainian language and served by a priest from Ukraine, there is a second parish--St. Nicholas, which is all English speaking. Father Mark Shuey, who is of Irish ancestry, is the pastor. I am a founding member of both parishes--I am Italian--not a drop of Ukrainian blood to be found. Sts. V&O is now serving a largely, but not all, Ukrainian immigrant community plus some second generation Ukrainians who are fluent in the language. St. Nicholas is for the rest of us. We are currently meeting at St. Thomas More Academy in Raleigh.

Father Mark is going over to Charlotte once a month for Liturgy. They are meeting at the Roman Catholic Diocese high school there--I forget the name. There will be liturgy next Sunday in Charlotte, not sure of the time but I think it's at 10 AM. Father Mark is also doing some mission work in the Greensboro/Winston Salem area, but I don't know much about it. Prior to being ordained a priest Father Mark was the deacon assigned to organizing all the NC missions.

Bishop Robert needs a priest for Charlotte. If anyone knows of a bi-ritual priest or a retired priest in the area, let Bishop Robert or Father Mark know. Anyone who wants to send me an email through this forum I will pass it on and I will be happy to provide information about our activities.

Roy Cordato

Praise God! God grant him many happy and blessed years!

Gordo

I
I

A
A
Originally Posted by Thepeug
Please remember in your prayers the newly-ordained servant of God, Mark Shuey. He was ordained a priest this morning at SS Vladimir & Olha Ukranian Catholic Church in Garner, NC by Bishop Robert for the eparchy of Parma. With a large family, a steady job, and three mission parishes to look after, Fr. Mark has his hands full, so I'm sure he could use many prayers. May God bless him as a humble worker in His vineyard and a holy priest!

Many prayers for Fr. Mark.

Let us pray also for many good and faithfyl deacons for the good father. With such a workload, he can use it, it would seem, stat!

Prayers for Father Mark and for the success of the Byzantine Missions in North Carolina.

G
G
Slava Isusu Khrestu !

Mnohaja Blahaya Lita !

Axios! Axios! Axios!

Z Bohom
Garajotsi Nycholaij

B
B
Prayers.

H
Administrator
Administrator
H
May the Lord God grant his servant the priest Mark, peace health and happiness for many blessed years!

May God bless these new missions and parishes, and may he accomplish his will, the building up of the Churches of God!

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.