The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Annapolis Melkites, Daniel Hoseiny, PaulV, ungvar1900, Donna Zoll
5,993 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
2 members (Filipe YTOL, 1 invisible), 388 guests, and 51 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,394
Posts416,750
Members5,993
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Hello all...

re: just a blurb 4 mos after leaving the Ruthys...

I gotta finally say....

My whole spirit and whole temporal being is exceedingly fulfilled having joined Holy Cross Melkite Church full time. The 2+ years of Sat. Vespers is where a great pull came from indeed!!! Schlooped me right in.

I decline to go into any aspect of the Ruthys that sealed the deal for me to leave them.

salaam!!!!

toodles & God bless, sUSAn

J
J
The Melkite Church is a good place to be. I have many dear friends there. God bless.

Joe

L
L
You are truly blessed to have Archimandrite James. I hope to visit sometime. Are you going to the convention in San Diego next year?

Originally Posted by Laka Ya Rabb
You are truly blessed to have Archimandrite James. I hope to visit sometime. Are you going to the convention in San Diego next year?

Annie is saving up for next year. Are you going?

L
L
YES! And my girlfriend too!

L
L
Can you tell that i'm excited? smile

OP Offline
O Yes my dear, I recognise that I am truly blessed at HOly Cross!!!

And of course, I will start a 'coffee jar' to save some money to go next year. Local is good!

I've accepted the invitation to teach 7th grade Catechism by Fr. Jim. My first class was Sunday. It went very well. Very different from the four years of teaching 1st & 2nd graders at my old church. Wow my 7th graders are very savvy. I had forgotten what it is like to be around the pre-teens. I'm impressed very much with their great gifts and great outlook. Now it's just bringing the gifts and talents out from within. Using the 'becoming' book from God is With Us. O sure.... my class books are the only ones not to arrive with the other grades this week - baaahahaha so using handouts and sharing until then. How funny is that.

Thank you all for the joyous support. I don't feel like an interloper [any longer]. I'm even learning Arabic and have made some great new friends.

Dear Susan,

I think that in addition to making friends, that you will also be eating some very tasty food and deserts! wink

Regards,
Alice

Are you learning classical Arabic or conversational Arabic?

I would think those kids are blessed too.

Terry

OP Offline
thanks for the complement Terry, those kids are great I am looking forward to this year very much. OH YES, the food is tasty!!! :oD

I have been studying Arabic from multiple sources actually (probably not the best choice), but I purchased formal Modern Standardized lessons on CDs a few books and a dictionary - then transferred the CDs to mp3 and listen during my morning workout at the gym and at night. Plus my friend Rima (Druze) at work is helping me with some of the colloquial, as are some of my friends at church. Flash cards help.

Boy do I need to study more... I misunderstood Ghadda on the bus coming back from the Holy Resurrection pilgrimage 2 weeks ago. We were all joking around, laughing and singing in the back of the bus... when I heard her say my name and motion to some sunflower seeds in the isle, so I laughed, pointed and said "leh! mish ana...Dianna". they're all busting up laughing except my friend Dianna, who is looking at me funny. all because I thought Ghadda said I put the seeds on the floor when she really said careful or you'll fall in the seeds on the floor. It took a second to register why my teasing Dianna about dropping the seeds didn't go over well. see, 3 1/2 weeks ago I slipped and broke my elbow and hadn�t made public that it was broken - I can only imagine what Dianna thought I was implying.. because....I had actually privately only told her a few hours prior that my elbow was broken and how it happened through a kitchen slip and fall.

My elbow will be fine in another 2-3 weeks - I had talked the Dr. into not making me wear a cast, just a brace (which I recently ditched anyway) - so I only mentioned the break to a couple close people. Just too embarrassing - a 3rd broken bone in a one year span. So yes I need to study more. And the Dr. ordered me to get on calcium & magnes. combo. it is a pretty funny story - guess you had to be on the bus for that one.

Last edited by susiefreckleface; 10/17/07 09:51 PM.
Susan 20+ years and I am still learning Arabic biggrin it is a never ending lesson, because like Spanish, there are too many dialects. So don't be impatient with yourself. Just enjoy!

Yeah Laka, Ann enjoyed talking with you all this past year. Next year, you should try the young adult retreat. She always gets a lot out of it, and they have a really good time.

The winter gather of MAYA is going to be in Atlanta this year in Jan. if you happen to be home.

L
L
I think I may attend the MAYA retreat this year.

I think the Melkite Church is a great example of a healthy functioning Eastern jurisdiction. God bless all of our brothers and sisters in the Melkite jurisdiction! God grant Patriarch Gregorios and Archbishop Cyril many years!

Gordo

Moderated by  Fr. Deacon Lance 

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.