The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Annapolis Melkites, Daniel Hoseiny, PaulV, ungvar1900, Donna Zoll
5,993 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 383 guests, and 41 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,393
Posts416,749
Members5,993
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Byzantine Secret Service
OP Offline
Byzantine Secret Service
As part of the communications act of 2003(?) the Do Not Call list conveniently exempted politicians from being bound by these harassing forms of unsolicited phone calls. Today in the course of one hour I received 5 of these telemarketing calls bring to 7 this afternoon the number of political unsolicited phone calls received.

I find this not only an invasion of my privacy, but politicians harassing us when we have chosen to not receive unsolicited phone calls. Am I the only one that has to be constantly slamming down the phone of this double standard the politicians have so conveniently exempted themselves form?

Z
Zan Offline
BANNED
BANNED
Z
I know, I am very interested in politics but HATE EVERY SINGLE politician there is.

You see this is why I would be such a good dictator. I would send every elected state and federal politician to concentration camps in Alaska.

Administrator
Administrator
Originally Posted by Zan
You see this is why I would be such a good dictator. I would send every elected state and federal politician to concentration camps in Alaska.
Wouldn't that ruin the environment in Alaska? biggrin

In IC XC,
Father Anthony+

Everyone baptized into Christ should pass progressively through all the stages of Christ's own life, for in baptism he receives the power so to progress, and through the commandments he can discover and learn how to accomplish such progression. - Saint Gregory of Sinai
O
O
Suspect that it would certainly really heat things up biggrin .

May I send some of our wonderful politicians to join yours there ?

Z
Zan Offline
BANNED
BANNED
Z
Originally Posted by Father Anthony
Wouldn't that ruin the environment in Alaska? biggrin
Hmmmm good point, Father. I could send them to the salt flats of Utah... or just bulldoze a chunk out of San Francisco and build the camps there...after all that region is already full of scum to begin with.

Originally Posted by Our Lady's slave
May I send some of our wonderful politicians to join yours there ?
Sorry Our Lady's Slave, our country has enough trash to be dealt with as is, I doubt we could support anymore bipedal semi-sentient garbage. smirk

Have you tried France?

O
O
I love France too much to pollute it by some of these folk - they have enough problems of their own - why add to them ?

Z
Zan Offline
BANNED
BANNED
Z
Originally Posted by Our Lady's slave
I love France too much to pollute it by some of these folk - they have enough problems of their own - why add to them ?

Yeah I agree, I am a self proclaimed Francophile - I love the French language, the French culture, and the country herself. If I could live anywhere it would be France.

Now that I think about it you guys used to send your criminals to Australia so why don't you just put them in a couple of trash barges and ship em' there?

Administrator
Administrator
Originally Posted by Zan
Now that I think about it you guys used to send your criminals to Australia so why don't you just put them in a couple of trash barges and ship em' there?

Now that is an excellent idea! Can we do the same with ours? wink biggrin

In IC XC,
Father Anthony+

Everyone baptized into Christ should pass progressively through all the stages of Christ's own life, for in baptism he receives the power so to progress, and through the commandments he can discover and learn how to accomplish such progression. - Saint Gregory of Sinai
Nan Offline
Non-profit organizations are exempt. So are organizations with which you have previously done business.

Last edited by Nan; 11/04/07 01:48 AM.
Administrator
Administrator
Originally Posted by Nan
Non-profit organizations are exempt. So are organizations with which you have previously done business.
Knowing that little tidbit, I do not consider any politician to be non-profit and most I probably would not do any business with them either.

In IC XC,
Father Anthony+

Are politicians or used car salesmen more trustworthy?

I have a hard time answering that question.

Terry

Catholic Gyoza
Catholic Gyoza
At least a used car salesman will give you something you can use.

(No pun intended.)

Nan Offline
Originally Posted by Father Anthony
Originally Posted by Nan
Knowing that little tidbit, I do not consider any politician to be non-profit and most I probably would not do any business with them either.

In IC XC,
Father Anthony+

Political campaigns are not covered by the definition of telemarketing.

The current TSR defines �telemarketer� as �a plan, program, or campaign which is conducted to induce the purchase of goods or services by use of one or more telephones and which involves more than one interstate telephone call.�

Politicians are clearly neither goods nor services.

Last edited by Nan; 11/04/07 03:30 AM.
W
W
Politicians are clearly neither goods nor services.
A number of lobbyists would beg to differ. biggrin

---------
Western Orthodoxy Blog [westernorthodox.blogspot.com]

D
D
Wow.

I too hate those robo-calls and political assaults also, but to 'condemn' folks to various places is just unchristian and denigratory to folks in those places.

Isn't this thread a marvelous example of Christian charity and love!!

"San Francisco and build the camps there...after all that region is already full of scum to begin with."

"I could them to the salt flats of Utah.."

"HATE EVERY SINGLE politician there is"

"send your criminals to Australia so why don't you just put them in a couple of trash barges and ship em' there?"

How can a clergy-monitored Christian posting-board host such denigrating words about our fellow humans? (And folks wonder why the 'unchurched' run like hell away from 'Christian' entities.)

I guess the 'love your neighbor' stuff is just a type of scam.

Just a thought.

Dr John

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Irish Melkite, theophan 

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.