The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Annapolis Melkites, Daniel Hoseiny, PaulV, ungvar1900, Donna Zoll
5,993 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 383 guests, and 41 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,393
Posts416,749
Members5,993
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#262626 11/16/07 05:18 PM
OP Offline
That's disgusting...a Halloween Mass? What's next?

Geesh. I've seen couple of people wearing devil costumes. The priest is so casual. Yikes.

Halloween Mass [youtube.com]

Last edited by spdundas; 11/16/07 05:19 PM.
spdundas #262629 11/16/07 05:24 PM
C
C
Didn't we discuss this video last year when it actually happened? Old "news" I'm afraid.

Carole #262630 11/16/07 05:25 PM
Originally Posted by Carole
Didn't we discuss this video last year when it actually happened? Old "news" I'm afraid.

You beat me to the post. Yes it was discussed here at length last year.

spdundas #262631 11/16/07 05:26 PM
OP Offline
If you go on YouTube.com, there are several clips of the same "Halloween Mass."

This one...really is bad.

Fr. "Barney's" sacriliegous Homily [youtube.com]

spdundas #262632 11/16/07 05:27 PM
OP Offline
I didn't know that! Ha. Wow. Didn't hear about that last year.

What a nut case. What happened to the priest? Was he thrown out of priesthood yet?

spdundas #262638 11/16/07 05:32 PM
OP Offline
I also watched Clown Mass video. I've heard of the topic many many times here on the forum...but never have I seen it on video clip. It's the most sacriligious I've never seen!

What a twisted nutcases bowing before the blowing bubbles. Come on! That's so ridiculous.

I can't even go on and on and on here...it's just...B-A-D! sick

spdundas #262642 11/16/07 05:41 PM
M
M
He got in trouble but not by much. He had to say he was sorry or something lame like that. His bishop is awful.

MrsMW #262652 11/16/07 06:34 PM
A
A
I find it an oddity to have this included here - especially after this late date. I am no fan of limiting the breadth of discussion - especially in the Town Hall setting - but it might be good to clarify motive.

Frankly, anyone who doesn't live under a rock knows that these abuses are far too common. Those of us that went to Catholic schools (depending on where) have seen the whole range... We know its bad, we don't care for it and (especially on this forum) you would be hard-pressed to find someone who would make apology (in the classic sense) for it.

But if the intent is to draw attention to "those Romans"... IMO that is sort of bad form. As Joyce once said when referring to the Catholic Church "Here comes everbody." Its a big place - we have our sinners we have our saints. Praise be to God, even when or where abuses are common, they can still be called out as that - abuses.

I hope the intent of bringing this up is not to illustrate or bring attention to scandal which could or would be seen as validating opinions or decisions to NOT be that. Most Catholics I know who take their faith seriously do NOT want that either.

If it is the intent to draw a attention to this sad episode as "proof" of something or another, that would be most unwelcome.

Catholic Gyoza
Catholic Gyoza
Yes, I posted it last year. Can we close the topic?

O
O
A Simple Sinner

You have really gone a bit far with this last post.

spdundas has said he was unaware of last year's discussions - have you read them yet ?

I totally agree with Dr Eric's plea to close the thread

A
A
Originally Posted by Our Lady's slave
A Simple Sinner

You have really gone a bit far with this last post.

spdundas has said he was unaware of last year's discussions - have you read them yet ?

I totally agree with Dr Eric's plea to close the thread

I don't see how I went far - I wanted to know what the purpose of seeking out and discussing these things were to begin with.

Liturgical abuses are a known quantity - it is my hope no one is highlighting abuses to discuss for the sake of "proving" something about a communion. Mostly such scandalous situations proves we are a hospital for sinners, not a hotel for saints, and bad apples can be found.

I have not read through last year's discussion on this forum - this was posted without reference to that discussion originally. The video itself made the rounds with a vengence last year so many places it could not be avoided, and reliving it annually is something I would not hope to have to endure.

The sort of video that would be edifying to discuss or consider might include the one on YouTube about the Missionaries of the Poor:

There's a lot of good things going on out there.

Moderated by  Irish Melkite, theophan 

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.