The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Annapolis Melkites, Daniel Hoseiny, PaulV, ungvar1900, Donna Zoll
5,993 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
1 members (NathanJA), 395 guests, and 36 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,393
Posts416,749
Members5,993
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
It would be nice to the entrhronement ceremony on EWTN, maybe if people start requesting now they might at least consider it.

A
A
Let's all start praying for Father Gerald now...

The way our bishops sometimes get treated and talked about... Well, frankly, an episcopal appointment can seem like a mighty fine way to torture a man.

I say this only HALF in jest... Maybe we could give the man 12 months before the online hierarchical quaterbacking begins.

Poor man. Lord have mercy.

Simple

P
P
What an amazingly appropriate day to hear of a new Bishop -- the Feast of St. Nicholas!

The Epistle for today's liturgy, Hebrews 13: 7-20, starts: "Remember your leaders, who spoke the word of God to you...consider how their lives ended, and imitate their FAITH..."

The retiring Bishop, Andrew Pataki, has survived a lot of controversy, dating back to before he was a bishop -- God Grant him many blessed years in retirement!

The incoming newly appointed Bishop, Fr. Gerald Dino, is also a man of faith -- God grant him Faith, Wisdom, and Patience.

And, welcome to Passaic, Bishop William !

Remember, we are supposed to pray for our leaders at every Divine Liturgy. Let us all pray!
Andy Kovaly Florida

Many years! Ad multos annos!
Stephanos I

Originally Posted by Terry Bohannon
"His enthronement will take place at the Cathedral of Saint Michael the Archangel in Passaic, New Jersey on Tuesday, January 29, 2008."

Enthronement? What will the ceremony be like?

Here is a picture http://www.byzantines.net/epiphany/anniversary.htm

Scroll down there is a photo at the bottom of the page. The deacon in the center towards the top of the picture - the one that looks like Santa - biggrin that's my husband. But, then the picture is about Metropolitan Basil, he said it was an amazing event to be able to take part in.

A
A
Originally Posted by Pani Rose
...The deacon in the center towards the top of the picture - the one that looks like Santa - biggrin that's my husband...

You realize, I hope, that this now gives us the right to call you Pani Clause, right? grin

Originally Posted by Pani Rose
Originally Posted by Terry Bohannon
"His enthronement will take place at the Cathedral of Saint Michael the Archangel in Passaic, New Jersey on Tuesday, January 29, 2008."

Enthronement? What will the ceremony be like?

Here is a picture http://www.byzantines.net/epiphany/anniversary.htm

Scroll down there is a photo at the bottom of the page. The deacon in the center towards the top of the picture - the one that looks like Santa - biggrin that's my husband. But, then the picture is about Metropolitan Basil, he said it was an amazing event to be able to take part in.

Dear Pani Rose,

Great beard! Great photo! Your hubbie really can dress up as Santa for the kiddies, and not one of them will be able to yank his beard off! OUCH!

Regards,
Alice

J
Job Offline OP
Cantor
OP Offline
Cantor
J
I invite you to repost the deleted section of your post and another moderator can judge.

I don't know about you but I don't save my exact words...however, my sentiments have been stated above on the situation and I will leave it at that...

During this pre-nativity fasting period I ask your forgiveness for any misunderstandings that may have occured and in the spirit of the fast will refrain from posting any more on this subject...and forgive you as well...

Christ is amongst us Fr. Deacon!

Chris

PS...the purpose of opening this thread was to get word out about the episcopal updates in the BCC...since this word is now out and information can be found even on the homepage (byzcath.org) I don't see any reason for this thread to remain open...

He is and shall be Chris!

It is God who forgives. I ask for your forgivenes as well and hold this matter redressed.

Fr. Deacon Lance

My cromulent posts embiggen this forum.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Irish Melkite, theophan 

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.