Now seriously, this IS the way
to eat Cream of Wheat
2 Cups Cream of wheat
1 Tsp Baking powder
1 Cup Plain yoghurt
1/2 Cup Castor sugar
3 Tbs Unsalted butter, melted
1/4 Cup Bread crumbs
2 Dozen Blanched almonds
2 Cups Castor sugar
2 Cups water
1-1 1/2 Tbs Orange blossom water
1. Mix together the cream of wheat and the baking powder in a bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together the yoghurt, the sugar and the melted butter.
3. Add the yoghurt mixture to the cream of wheat and mix well.
4. Grease a 25cm (10 inches) round baking pan and dust with the bread crumbs.
5. Pour in the cake mixture and use your hands to pat it down into the pan.
6. Make a design of diamonds by scoring with a knife.
7. Place a blanched almond in each diamond.
8. Bake in a preheated oven at 180� C (350� F) for 30 to 45 minutes or until slightly brown on top.
9. Meanwhile, make the syrup by mixing the sugar and water together.
10. Bring to a boil in a saucepan and simmer until it forms a syrup and is sticky.
11. Add the orange blossom water.
12. As soon as the "Basboussa" comes out of the oven, pour the syrup over.
13. Let the cake stand until cool.
14. Cut slices following the diamond design and place the diamond-shaped pieces in paper cups.
Some people use rose water syrup instead. You can find all the names of it on here - just depends on the countryhttp://rosas-yummy-yums.blogspot.com/2006/12/basbousa.html