The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Galumph, Leon_C, Rocco, Hvizsgyak, P.W.
5,984 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 246 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,389
Posts416,722
Members5,984
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
I just saw this video of a horrible desecration of an Eastern Church by Muslim soldiers. This is the most horrible thing I have seen. I am so scandalized by this and offended. Lord have mercy! I wanted to post this because I am so grateful that here in America we can worship freely and it might help us appreciate our liberties.

Here is the Link:

http://cathcon.blogspot.com/2008/03/video-shows-muslims-desecrating-serbian.html

It has really made me really re-evaluate ecumenism.

In Christ,

Robert

Last edited by Robert Horvath; 03/06/08 07:42 PM.
Lousy B*****ds! mad

OP Offline
I know, when I saw this I almost had to throw up--it shook me to my core. This is the height of evil. I know historically this has happened on all sides, but to see how they kicked in the doors of the iconostasis I wanted to kick their ---! I am still horrified. The side of me that caters to a more masculine Christianity really WANTS to take a nice little trip to Serbia. mad

I want to pray for them, but it is REALLY hard to do that right now.

In Christ,

Robert

I believe in mutual tolerance and having a non-violent exchange of ideas, but ecumenism is unproductive and destructive when certain theological boundaries are breached. If Christ is the Way, the Truth, and the Life, then we do not have a plurality of ways to choose from apart from Christ; as diverse as the Saints were in the expression of their faith in this life, they were not ecumenical in a way some would understand it today.

By exchange of ideas, I mean when two people of conflicting religions explain their doctrine to the other party--I do not mean that a Christian would accept the errors of Islam so as to "not offend" the other party, for example.

Terry

Originally Posted by Terry Bohannon
I believe in mutual tolerance and having a non-violent exchange of ideas, but ecumenism is unproductive and destructive when certain theological boundaries are breached. If Christ is the Way, the Truth, and the Life, then we do not have a plurality of ways to choose from apart from Christ; as diverse as the Saints were in the expression of their faith in this life, they were not ecumenical in a way some would understand it today.

By exchange of ideas, I mean when two people of conflicting religions explain their doctrine to the other party--I do not mean that a Christian would accept the errors of Islam so as to "not offend" the other party, for example.

Terry

I am outraged by what I see in this video. The Western world now turns a deaf ear to the Serbs.

And we should be trying to lead Muslims to Christ, the cross is the means of salvation.

Muslims can be aggressive toward us here too, an Orthodox forum I post on sometimes was shut down for a couple of days by a Jihadist group who apparently objected to people on this forum discussing the Armenian genocide. They do not believe in the free market of ideas, of dialog, democracy, and openess. The only hope is to win them to Christ.

Last edited by lanceg; 03/06/08 11:17 PM.
Online Content
Must be a great day for the Muslims. See the breaking story of the slaughter of Israeli rabbinical students on Town Hall.

BOB

L
L
Robert,

That story of those four Christian Indonesian schoolgirls being torturously beheaded by Muslims didn't make you re-evaluate your ecumenism?

Alexis

OP Offline
I am afraid I didn't catch that news story. Obviously, human life is more important than a consecrated Church--because we are temples of God. There are many examples, but to see what they did to the Serbian Temple really made me look hard at my cowardice in not defending our beloved Eastern Church at times--giving in to Western ways of thinking and acting. Could I truly be a martyr for the Faith? It is hard enough trying to live the faith within the American context. The Serbian Church needs our prayers.

In Christ,

Robert

Originally Posted by theophan
Must be a great day for the Muslims. See the breaking story of the slaughter of Israeli rabbinical students on Town Hall.

BOB

A nice young girl who works at a local tavern I frequent is an Albanian muslim. She tried to to explain to me how great it is to be muslim. (Notice I haven't capitalized the word muslim). I politely told her I will remain an Orthodox Christian until the day I die.

She walked away with a haughty look on her face.

CHRISTOS POSREDI NAS! I JEST I BUDET!

F
F
A bit of a clarification: ecumenism is a term for efforts of various kinds to promote and encourage Christian unity. Ecumenism has nothing to do with non-Christian religions (such as mohammedanism).

Fr. Serge

A
A
At the end of the video there is "Video compilation copyright 2005"
I dont think it is about this winter indipendency, but it is about previous crisis

Last edited by antv; 03/07/08 07:04 AM.
G
G
Many thanks for the observation. My commentary now corrected and I have added a link which shows many more example of the destruction of the Churches in Kosovo.

I was among the first, possibly the first, to expose Serbian attrocities in the break up of the former Yugoslavia but the way they have been treated over Kosovo is appalling.

Gillibrand
[URL=www.cathcon.blogspot.com[/URL]
Cathcon
R
R
Again, so much for Islam being the "religion of peace"!

The only way there will be peace is when the world is eradicated of them.

what else can one expect from a trash religion started by an apostate Priest who was a child molestor. a couple of years ago, a hoopla was raised by the shooting of a Koran in Chattanooga. it should have been used as toilet paper, but I don't think that it would have passed muster to show on the Internet. couldn't download the video being discussed, just as well, you would have had one p!@@#$ off Metis on the warpath.any Muslim reading this must know that he will burn in Hell if he does not accept Jesus Christ as his Lord and Saviour.Jesus Christ is GOD in the flesh and the "god" the Muslim worships is a no god at best, Satan at the worst. I don't give a damn what the Church might teach as far as Islam is concerned. I am right,and I have the infallible and inerrant written Word of GOD on my side. I say barrage every mosque in the land with tracts, even Jack Chick tracts( and anti Catholic they are, they do have a delicious couple of tracts on Islam).by their fruits you will know them ,and the false religion of Islam has manifested its fruits. that is why I say tract the mosques, not trash them. we have a world to save.
Much Love,
Jonn

D
Orthodox domilsean
Orthodox domilsean
D
Ruysn31,

I hope by "eradicated" you refer to eradicating Islam, not Islamists (who we will diligently convert to Christ).

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.