The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Galumph, Leon_C, Rocco, Hvizsgyak, P.W.
5,984 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 244 guests, and 43 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,389
Posts416,722
Members5,984
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#281861 03/08/08 01:00 AM
OP Online Content
Some of you, my brethren, will be starting the Great Fast on Monday and will begin with Forgiveness Sunday Vespers this weekend.

I ask you to forgive me anything that I have done to scandalize you, to damage you in your faith, to give you cause to be angry, or in any other way to cause you to have a negative in your pilgrimage.

In your charity, forgive me.

My prayer is that your Great Lenten discipline will be fruitful and draw you ever closer to Our Lord and God and Savior, Jesus Christ.

BOB

Orthodox Christian
Orthodox Christian
I forgive and may God forgive us both.

Please forgive me for any frivolous or off topic posts.

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
God forgives and who am I, His unworthy child, that I could presume to do otherwise than follow His example.

In turn, I ask forgiveness of all my brothers and sisters whom I may have offended, to whom I may have given scandal, or to whom I may have been unkind.

"One day all our ethnic traits ... will have disappeared. Time itself is seeing to this. And so we can not think of our communities as ethnic parishes, ... unless we wish to assure the death of our community."
Grateful
Grateful
I apologize for losing my temper at the members of this Forum.

I ask forgiveness for that and for any other hurts and harms that I have caused.

-- John

O
O
I forgive you

God forgives.

And in my turn I also ask forgiveness from all here , for my pettiness and and any harm I may have caused whether deliberately or inadvertantly

Lord have mercy

Forgive me!

J
Job Offline
Cantor
Cantor
J
A little early...but with my limited time on the forum these days, I also, ask forgiveness for any wrongful, or hurtful acts that I may have committed over this past year...in like manner, I hold nothing against any of my bretheren here...

Chris

Originally Posted by theophan
Some of you, my brethren, will be starting the Great Fast on Monday and will begin with Forgiveness Sunday Vespers this weekend.

I ask you to forgive me anything that I have done to scandalize you, to damage you in your faith, to give you cause to be angry, or in any other way to cause you to have a negative in your pilgrimage.

In your charity, forgive me.

My prayer is that your Great Lenten discipline will be fruitful and draw you ever closer to Our Lord and God and Savior, Jesus Christ.

BOB

Sadly, forgiveness Vespers is canceled at my parish this year due to the snowstorm. frown

So I ask for the forgiveness of anyone I may have offended in the past year.

P
P
RE: Forgiveness Sunday
I can hardly believe it is "Forgiveness Sunday" again. Last year, I was recovering from open heart surgery, which is what brought me to the forum. I am honored to have contributed at least a little thought to it; I am grateful for what I have been able to learn; and I also ask forgiveness if I have angered or upset anyone here. We pray it every time we say an "Our Father..." let us all forgive eachother, and continue to be strong -- Great Lent is almost over, and may the celebration of His Ressurection enlighten and strengthen us all!
S'Bohom!

Beloved Forum Members,

I ask forgiveness if my moderating decisions and/or actions have hurt or offended anyone. I ask forgiveness if my personality has offended anyone.

I love you all, and forgive you all--

Wishing those who are entering the great fast with me, a most blessed Clean Monday and a blessed Fast. May God be with us all...

In Christ our Saviour,
Alice

OP Online Content
Sadly, forgiveness Vespers is canceled at my parish this year due to the snowstorm.

ETNICK:

Mystically you will be at Vespers if you pray at the hour others are entered into the experience of Forgiveness Sunday Vespers. Mystically, if you are in prayer at that hour, you will be standing with Alice, Alexandr, Father David, Father Al, Father Anthony, and all our brethren.

May the Lord bless your Great Lenten pilgrimage.

BOB

Thank you Bob.

Rod Dreher blogged about his experience at his first Forgiveness Sunday here [blog.beliefnet.com].

As a Latin Catholic, it was the first time I had ever heard of this service, and I was quite moved by his account. Could anyone here give me further links for more information about what sounds like an amazing ritual?

OP Online Content
ETNICK:

I became aware of this some years ago when my spiritual father suggested that even if I were many miles from a church and could not attend the Divine Liturgy for a period of time. He told me that when I began to pray the prayers that every Orthodox Christian prayed I would be in the company of those praying the same prayers in every age and every time no matter where they were and no matter where I was. We enter communion with Christ, he said, when we pray and it is not as great a way as Eucharistic Communion--the most sublime way of entering that intimate relationship with Him that is Communion. Nevertheless, we are in relationship with Him and HE with us at the time of prayer.

So even though I didn't have the opportunity to join my Orthodox brethren last evening at Forgiveness Sunday Vespers, I made it a point to remember all of them between the hours of 6 and 8 p.m., figuring that Vespers might be either at 6 p.m. or 7 p.m.

Prayer is like the postal service--neither snow, nor rain, nor sleet, nor gloom of night can separate us from our brethren when we pray.

BOB

Last edited by theophan; 03/10/08 03:49 PM.
A
AMM Offline
A
I am a day late, but anyone I have offended, please forgive me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.