The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Annapolis Melkites, Daniel Hoseiny, PaulV, ungvar1900, Donna Zoll
5,993 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 333 guests, and 42 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,393
Posts416,749
Members5,993
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#283024 03/17/08 12:40 AM
E
EdHash Offline OP
OP Offline
E
This is my last post on byzcath.org.

I am leaving on my own. I should note that my opinions were always my own. I am not nor ever was an ally of the Administrator, and if any of my positions were shared with the Administrator, they were purely coincidental. None of my posts and positions should be considered a reflection of this website.

I began posting here just over a year ago when it was brought to my attention that the Byzantine Catholic church adopted inclusive language. I have a lot of experience in asking a lot of direct questions because of my background and training. I have concluded that the questions I had/have about the points I raised in the forward of the RDL hymnal will never be answered. The answers will never be explained. The identity of WHO lobbied for it will never be revealed either. No one seems to be standing up to that responsibility.

The RDL will continue being a fixture in your worship and in your church. Members of this church will just have to get used to using the inclusive language your chief shepherds have adopted.

Eddie Hashinsky

EdHash #283026 03/17/08 01:07 AM
Orthodox Christian
Orthodox Christian
If good people fail to speak up, then we are lost.

Your insights are important to us.

Dante also struggled with political bishops in his day and he consigned them to hell where they served as lampposts.

Note: I am not calling you Dante and neither am I saying that today's bishops will go to hell. However, we are all sinners and wide is the road to hell especially when the majority of people today do not even seem to think it exists.

Elizabeth Maria #283040 03/17/08 05:19 AM
T
T
Ed,

Best wishes on the path you follow into the future.

Two Lungs #283065 03/17/08 11:05 AM
Dear Ed,

Sorry to see you leave the forum...

Go with God,
Alice

EdHash #283074 03/17/08 12:51 PM
W
W
Ed,
I think I've agreed with almost everything you've written. Don't leave - you have many silent friends out there!

-Wolfgang

Moderated by  Irish Melkite, theophan 

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.