The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Annapolis Melkites, Daniel Hoseiny, PaulV, ungvar1900, Donna Zoll
5,993 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
1 members (NathanJA), 395 guests, and 36 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,393
Posts416,749
Members5,993
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
N
尼古拉前执事
OP Offline
尼古拉前执事
N
I am getting ready to move due to a new job, and besides needing cash, I found that I have a BUNCH of duplicate icons that I had put away and forgotten about! I am even selling some hand painted icons from Russia! These are some very beautiful icons, but with close of my mission and with my hundreds of icons that I own, I have no space to display them. My loss is your gain! All icon auctions are starting at only 99 cents American. See all my auctions on eBay at http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZfeisnik

O
O
Most of these icons look like reproductions to me. Compare them to the various online catalogues like "Life and Light" or St. Vladimir's Seminary Press.
Orest

Well, since they are the deacons icons, I think he knows what he has put up for bid.

God bless you!

O
O
Actually it is surprising how many people in all innocence do not know the difference.

Colour xerox machines are so good these days. Also the reproductions of historical icons from Byzantine Museums in Greece pasted onto boards are very good. These icons come with a stamp on the back with the name of the museum. I have met people who in all innocence think the icons are not reproductions.

Also from Greece are hand "enhanced icons" including some with stamps. This means that certain features of the icons are enhanced with paint (not egg tempra) by hand.

By the way Rose, the last time this issue came up was on this thread a year ago:
https://www.byzcath.org/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/233166/fpart/1

This was when the writer had a sale of icons and you can see that people who were interested wrote to him via E-bay for clarification, especially for the "15th century" item which was a reproduction.

Yes, I am well aware of all of these issues.

My statement to you is that they are the personal icons of the Fr. Deacon Nigula Qian Zishi. So, I am assuming he knows what he has in hand, especially since many of them were in the church mission that he served.

God bless you!

H
H
I just visited the e-bay site. They all look like laminated prints to me, although one group is identified as not mass produced.
I have also re-visited the same discussion from last year. To me it seems that the seller would be honest and upright if he just identified each icon as being laiminated prints or pasted prints or prints with metal additions.

Last edited by Halia12; 06/22/08 08:04 PM.
N
尼古拉前执事
OP Offline
尼古拉前执事
N
Yes there are laminated mounted prints and hand painted icons. I labeled the hand painted icons as such so not to cause any confusion. I apologize if I was not clear enough.

N
尼古拉前执事
OP Offline
尼古拉前执事
N
Originally Posted by Nigula Qian Zishi
Yes there are laminated mounted prints and hand painted icons. I labeled the hand painted icons as such so not to cause any confusion. I apologize if I was not clear enough.

Is there any way to get cheaper shipping to Canada?

It jumps from like $10 to $50 - regardless of whether it is to Canada or Cameroon.

Anybody know more about that?

N
尼古拉前执事
OP Offline
尼古拉前执事
N
Originally Posted by North of the Border
Is there any way to get cheaper shipping to Canada?

It jumps from like $10 to $50 - regardless of whether it is to Canada or Cameroon.

Anybody know more about that?

Yeah, I can probably ship it for only $20 to Canada. eBay's new easy auction system did not have separate shipping for Canada like it used to.

Thanx

N
尼古拉前执事
OP Offline
尼古拉前执事
N
Originally Posted by North of the Border
Thanx

Not a problem at all. Thank you for your interest and bids!

Moderated by  Irish Melkite, theophan 

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.