The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Halogirl5, MarianLatino, Bosconian_Jin, MissionIn, Pater Patrick
6,000 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 405 guests, and 48 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,400
Posts416,779
Members6,000
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
B
Ah, the dreaded updates and the inevitable glitches that follow. frown And what's with having to open an extra screen to get smilies? I have a fairly new computer and broadband. Yet, the forum seems to lock up at times and I have to close the screen and open IE again. Also, when posting, it locks up and I have to exit and re-open the forum. When I start IE again I find the message actually posted. I'm sure Bill Gates is behind all this. biggrin

Charles who opened two screens to get the big grin.

Administrator
Administrator
Ung and the others,

Your issues have been noted, and we are seeing what the software manufacturer can give us to remedy the situations. Hopefully in the next day or so they can be addressed and fixed. We will keep you posted.

In IC XC,
Father Anthony+
Administrator

Everyone baptized into Christ should pass progressively through all the stages of Christ's own life, for in baptism he receives the power so to progress, and through the commandments he can discover and learn how to accomplish such progression. - Saint Gregory of Sinai
Hmmm...no such problem here other than the smiley box used to be on the other side...I think! laugh

As for the photo stuff Ung mentioned, well, I don't know how to post photos to begin with, so it doesn't make a difference to me--but then again, what do I know--I am just a 'dumb girl'! wink

U
U
Originally Posted by Father Anthony
Ung and the others,

Your issues have been noted, and we are seeing what the software manufacturer can give us to remedy the situations. Hopefully in the next day or so they can be addressed and fixed. We will keep you posted.

In IC XC,
Father Anthony+
Administrator

O. Antoni,

Djakuju krasna!

Ung

Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Bless, Father,

Just to add to the list - I note that urls are not consistently posting in linkable form. I thought at first that it was a factor of folks not invoking the hyperlink feature, but I see at least one post in which 4 links were posted - not hyperlinked, straight web addys. Three of the four were in linkable form, the fourth appeared as text.

Just a moment ago, I was reading a post by Deacon Randy at

https://www.byzcath.org/forums/ubbt.../1/CD_or_DVD_Divine_Liturgy_with_#UNREAD

in which this happened with the link he posted. I ordinarily manually hyperlink - from force of habit - but just pasted in the above, to see what happened. It is posting as a clickable link according to the preview feature. Very strange.

Many years,

Neil

"One day all our ethnic traits ... will have disappeared. Time itself is seeing to this. And so we can not think of our communities as ethnic parishes, ... unless we wish to assure the death of our community."
John
OP Offline
John
Thanks for the issue list.

Slowness - I�ve seen the slowness myself (it comes and goes). When I get a chance I will run some of the maintenance scripts on the database. Unfortunately the Forum needs to be closed while I run the scripts and they can take several hours.

Foreign Language Characters � All the settings are correct to allow them, so there is something changed in the software. I�ve posted a query on the software maker�s forum for assistance.

Photos � I have no idea what the issue here is but will investigate.

URLs � The software maker�s forum notes issues with URLs (they did change the way they compose URLs with this upgrade). I am expecting a patch for this within a few weeks.

ajk Offline
This is an item that I am experiencing that primarily affects guests (although I would like to have it back). On a menu bar below the top blue banner of the forum pages, the option "Active Topics" used to appear even before I logged in. It does not appear now unless I am logged in, however, even if I am not logged on, my former bookmark still works. It appears the item is gone from the menu for guests but the function is still permitted. Result: Non-members now do not have the convenience of the "Active Topic" menu selections as before unless they have a before-upgrade bookmark for it.

D
D
Go to the "My Stuff" scroll down menu in the blue bar above. The last option is entitled "cookies". It is not gone just moved. wink

Ahh. Thanks.

And is the need to login twice to actually login normal?

hawk

Administrator
Administrator
Clear your cookies first, log out and then try the login. You are the first one that has had that issue reported.

In IC XC,
Father Anthony+
Administrator

Everyone baptized into Christ should pass progressively through all the stages of Christ's own life, for in baptism he receives the power so to progress, and through the commandments he can discover and learn how to accomplish such progression. - Saint Gregory of Sinai
I was truly supprised at how the search engine has changed biggrin
It is more thorough and much easier. Thanks!

F
F
The site is very slow to load for me. My ISP just did what Rogers did in Ontario - when a site fails to load, there is a standard error screen (I think it is Error 401). But my ISP has now co-opted that standard error screen and as byzvath.org is slow to load, it times out and my ISP screen tells me that byzcath.org does not exist. I found out that I can opt out of this "big brother" move and I can again visit byzcath.org (although it still loads slowly, but not as slow as a week ago).

Father Michael

Administrator
Administrator
Father Michael and any others,

Please read this. Unfortunately from what we have heard from the server operator that until the move is complete and all the ISPs reset their DNS (which can take up to a day after the move is completed), this will be a frequent problem. Until then patience!

In IC XC,
Father Anthony+
Administrator

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Irish Melkite, theophan 

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.