The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Galumph, Leon_C, Rocco, Hvizsgyak, P.W.
5,984 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 456 guests, and 39 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,389
Posts416,722
Members5,984
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#318934 04/15/09 01:35 AM
Paul B Offline OP
OP Offline

At the risk of assuming a "paranoid" label, please be advised that it may be dangerous to post regarting ab*rtion and same sex mar*iage.

This is no joke...the Dept of Homeland Security (DHS) has recently published an intelligence and analysis assessment warning, among other things, that "right-wing radicals" (that's most of us Eastern Christians) are posing a danger to the security of the United States. The document is here hsa-rightwing-extremism [michellemalkin.cachefly.net]

Here are two excerpts:
) Rightwing extremism in the United States can be broadly divided into those groups, movements, and
adherents that are primarily hate-oriented (based on hatred of particular religious, racial or ethnic groups),
and those that are mainly antigovernment, rejecting federal authority in favor of state or local authority, or
rejecting government authority entirely. It may include groups and individuals that are dedicated to a
single issue, such as opposition to ab*rtion or immigration.
(from page 2)

(U) Revisiting the 1990s
(U//FOUO) Paralleling the current national climate, rightwing extremists during the
1990s exploited a variety of social issues and political themes to increase group visibility
and recruit new members. Prominent among these themes were the militia movement’s
opposition to gun control efforts, criticism of free trade agreements (particularly those
with Mexico), and highlighting perceived government infringement on civil liberties as
well as white supremacists’ longstanding exploitation of social issues such as ab*rtion,
inter-racial crimes, and same-sex marriage. During the 1990s, these issues contributed to
the growth in the number of domestic rightwing terrorist and extremist groups and an
increase in violent acts targeting government facilities, law enforcement officers, banks,
and infrastructure sectors.
(from page 4)

Not trying to alarm, but a passing on a word to the wise. Watch you posts! The days of Janet Reno's persecution of pro-lifers is back.

M
M
I knew this stuff would happen. Linking pro-lifers with racists is a nice touch. Hmmmm..... DO you remember anyone only protesting white babies dying?

Again I would not vote for this man nor did I.

L
L

We'd probably be considered terrorists at my house because we have a large Nativity scene at Christmas, a 13 star Revolutionary War flag, and a Ron Paul for President sign still up.

Paul B Offline OP
OP Offline
Lawrence,

You may want to take down your Ron Paul sign....here's an excerpt from an article...

WND HOMELAND INSECURITY
State drops warnings over 'militia' members
'Had that report been reviewed by my office it would never have been released'
Posted: March 27, 2009
9:17 am Eastern

By Bob Unruh
© 2009 WorldNetDaily

The chief of the Missouri highway patrol is blasting a report issued by the Missouri Information Analysis Center that linked conservative groups to domestic terrorism, assuring that such reports no longer will be issued.

The report warned law enforcement agencies to watch for suspicious individuals who may have bumper stickers for third-party political candidates such as Ron Paul, Bob Barr and Chuck Baldwin.

M
M
My minivan has a sticker that says "Peace begins in the womb." I guess I will be in trouble too.

I would consider it an honor to be labeled a class enemy of the Obama Administration.

Z
Z
I wonder what this loyalist ho thinks elections are a poor way to pick a head of state and who is feircely pro life woudl be listed as...

Moderated by  Irish Melkite, theophan 

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.