The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Annapolis Melkites, Daniel Hoseiny, PaulV, ungvar1900, Donna Zoll
5,993 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 344 guests, and 52 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,394
Posts416,751
Members5,993
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
F
F
Well Anthony we have no idea what is going on. The eparchy is rolling in their money like pigs in slop while keeping the few faithful left in the dark. Why can't the church just be honest enough to admit that they want to close the church and let us move on. They should be ashamed to wear the robes, but they are not. They just go about their merry way thinking that we do not care. Enjoy the money while it lasts fellas, because God will not be pleased with how you have fleeced the faithful. SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A
A
Do you know who will be replacing Fr. Harry now that he is being assigned to a parish in NJ?

P
P
Hello Angel Lady... I am a former parishoner of Resurrection church in Smithtown. From what I've beb able to gather... Fr. Hospodar (from St. Mary's, NYC?) will be the "administrator" for Resurrection & St. Andrews. I do not know of this man, but he does seem to be an eparchy-player. What ever has been decided seems to be playing out and the parishoners seem to have been forgotten, ignored and disrespected by the eparchy. It is beyond sad how far and how fast the parish has fallen... or better put, was pushed.

J
Job Offline
Cantor
Cantor
J
Prayers for Resurrection Church and it's members.

L
L
Will there be any Liturgies on Sunday and any Pre sancified Liturgies?

OP Offline
Where did it all go wrong? =/

L
L
Just read in Easter Catholic Life that Smithtown and Westbury have been assigned Father Jack Custer. Boy are you guys lucky. He is and excellent speaker and scholar. The wait was long but the reward is great.

Good Luck to Father
Custer.

J
Job Offline
Cantor
Cantor
J
Ahh...Fr. Jack is reason one might be for human cloning!!!! If there were only a few hundred more like him!!!

When does he start as pastor or is he there already?

J
Job Offline
Cantor
Cantor
J
In about 3 weeks he will be there...I believe the effective date is May 21st. I'm sure there are things to "tie up" at the seminary.

K
K
We have been told that Fr. Jack will be having a liturgy on Sun. May 17. Those of us that remain welcome him.

What time will the Divine Liturgy be?

K
K
D.L. at 11:15 Sunday morning. We pray that all are welcome.

J
Job Offline
Cantor
Cantor
J
Originally Posted by karenp
We have been told that Fr. Jack will be having a liturgy on Sun. May 17. Those of us that remain welcome him.

Christ is Risen!!!

Well???

Please do tell...how did things go yesterday???

I hate when I sound like a "wash women" blush

K
K
Job...I was unable to attend...employment responsibilities...however, my husband was fairly glowing when I got home. For the first time in over three years every door in the church was open. My phone was ringing far into the night. The response was all we had prayed for. I think you were right..Fr. Jack should be cloned. The people of Resurrection have cried again, only this time we shed our tears in happiness. There is a collective sense of moving forward. Personally, after being beaten and robbed on a weekly basis for the past few years, it will take Divine intervention to reinstate my trust and remove my anger. But I also think that steps have been taken in that direction. Keep us in your prayers.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Irish Melkite, theophan 

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.