The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Annapolis Melkites, Daniel Hoseiny, PaulV, ungvar1900, Donna Zoll
5,993 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
1 members (NathanJA), 395 guests, and 36 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,393
Posts416,749
Members5,993
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
Jessup B.C. Deacon
OP Offline
Jessup B.C. Deacon
D
...you will like this music. I could see them using it as an entrance hymn in some liberal/progressivist parish !!!

eek

D
Jessup B.C. Deacon
OP Offline
Jessup B.C. Deacon
D
Please. Nobody let this get into the hands of "musical establishment" of the "American Church". They may just implement my sarcastic suggestion!!! grin

Deacon Robert:

Christ is in our midst!!

I listened to about 25 seconds of that and didn't know whether to cry or be sick. cry sick

Dear God, save Your people and bless Your inheritance. Preserve us from this type of madness and defend Your habitation from this type of verse.

BOB

D
Jessup B.C. Deacon
OP Offline
Jessup B.C. Deacon
D
Originally Posted by theophan
I listened to about 25 seconds of that and didn't know whether to cry or be sick. cry sick

You could do both!!!

O
O
It is totally incredible .
cry cry cry cry cry

Although I found the video rather amusing; the post and title of the thread seem rather uncharitable. There are many good Catholics who prefer this type of music.

Whether the music of the St. Louis Jesuits is proper liturgical music or not is another discussion, but not low-handed blows. The longer I am a member of this forum, the more cheap shots I see that go by "unnoticed" by the moderators or supported by them.

S
S
Although I found the video rather amusing; the post and title of the thread seem rather uncharitable. There are many good Catholics who prefer this type of music.

Pray for their enlightenment, then.

C
C
Opening hymn for the feast of St. Francis? Naaaah.

It was a cute song. I doubt the creators intend it to be used liturgically, though, so we are all safe. smile

Dave

O
O
I dunno - it's simple enough for the kindergarten age kiddies - I can see it being used if it's heard more often cry

G
G
I don't believe this is a Liturgical song; I think it's rather just a nice folk song about seeing God's work in man's best friend.

The other day I played this very video to a dog-loving patient of mine who is dying of ALS (Lou Gerrig's Disease), a man who converted to Christianity and was Baptized after being diagnosed a year ago (he has a couple months to live). He cried joyfully at this song and video, and saved it to send to his friends and loved ones.

I hope you consider such things before making these kinds of posts in the future.

Peace and God bless!

D
Jessup B.C. Deacon
OP Offline
Jessup B.C. Deacon
D
Originally Posted by Chtec
Opening hymn for the feast of St. Francis? Naaaah.

It was a cute song. I doubt the creators intend it to be used liturgically, though, so we are all safe. smile

Dave

A mutual friend thinks this piece is actually part of one of those "Oregon Catholic Missalettes". If that is the case, than it would be used liturgically. sick

Dn. Robert

E
E
Why is this thread on the Byzantine Forum? Surely there are plenty of sites where people can vent their spleen over what does or does not pass for liturgical music in rites other than the BYZANTINE!

C
C
Gosh. If you can cut through all of the yelling a screaming and gnashing of teeth perhaps some folks could learn about being charitable toward others. Frankly I will take my dogs company over many humans and their nastiness any day of the week. Thank you very much.

Einar

OKAY. Enough is enough. Let's remember that the cardinal rule of this forum is charity--in the way we present things and the way in which we respond to each other.

Music, as all art, is in the eye (and the ear) of the beholder.

I'll be the first to admit I don't like much of what passes for music in the Latin Church. That being said, this thread is moving swiftly away from charity. If we cannnot be cahritable, I'll close this thread.

BOB

B
B
As someone who actually works as a music director/organist in a Latin church, I can assure you we follow church documents and the desires of good Pope Benedict when it comes to music. There are many parishes and musicians out there that do as they please. That is the problem. Church music, properly done, is not about anyone's likes or dislikes.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Irish Melkite, theophan 

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.