The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Rocco, Hvizsgyak, P.W., Ramon, PeaceBeToAll
5,982 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 167 guests, and 48 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,388
Posts416,719
Members5,982
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Russia Rebukes America for Turning Marxist

By Rick Joyner

Could it possibly be true that one of the most insightful voices of clarity about current events in America could come from Pravda, the premier Russian Newspaper? An editorial published in Pravda is a sweeping summary of what is now happening in America that is, and should, cause every American to consider what is transpiring in our country now. The editorial begins with a stunning summary of America's present plight, and then elaborates powerfully. It may come across as insulting, but if we are wise, it will not be insulting, but sobering. The following is an abbreviated excerpt of the editorial.

NOTE: I made some corrections that are in parenthesis. This editorial and others can be read in their entirety at:

http://english. pravda.ru/ opinion/columnis ts/107459- 0/

"It must be said, that like the breaking of a great dam, the American dissent into Marxism is happening with breathtaking speed, against the backdrop of a passive, hapless sheeple, excuse me dear reader, I meant people….

First, the population was dumbed down through a politicized and substandard education system based on pop culture, rather than the classics. Americans know more about their favorite TV dramas than the drama in D.C. that directly affects their lives. They care more for their "right" to choke down a McDonald's burger or a Burger King burger than for their constitutional rights. Then they turn around and lecture us about our rights and about our "democracy." Pride blinds the foolish.

Then their faith in God was destroyed, until their churches, all tens of thousands of different "branches and denominations, " which were for the most part little more than Sunday circuses, and their televangelists and top protestant mega preachers were more than happy to sell out their souls and flocks to be on the "winning" side of one pseudo Marxist politician or another. Their flocks may complain, but when explained that they would be on the "winning" side, their flocks were ever so quick to reject Christ in hopes for earthly power. Even our Holy Orthodox churches are scandalously liberalized in America.

The final collapse has come with the election of Barack Obama. His speed in the past months has been truly impressive. His spending and printing money has been record-setting, not just in America's short history but in the world. If this keeps up for more than another year, and there is no sign that it will not, America at best will resemble the Wiemar Republic (Germany in the 1930s) and at worst Zimbabwe.

These past two weeks have been the most breathtaking of all. First came the announcement of a planned redesign of the American Byzantine tax system, by the very thieves who used it to bankroll their thefts, loses, and swindles of hundreds of billions of dollars. These make our Russian oligarchs look little more than ordinary street thugs in comparison. Yes, the Americans have beat our own thieves in the shear volumes. Should we congratulate them?

These men, of course, are not an elected panel but made up of appointees picked from the very financial oligarchs and their henchmen who are now gorging themselves on trillions of American dollars, in one bailout after another. They are also usurping the rights, duties, and powers of the American congress (parliament) . Again, congress has put up little more than a whimper to their masters.

Then came Barack Obama's command that GM's (General Motors) president step down from leadership of his company. That is correct, dear reader, in the land of "pure" free markets, the American President now has the power, the self-given power, to fire CEOs, and we can assume other employees of private companies, at will. Come hither, go dither, the centurion=2 0commands his minions.

So it should be no surprise that the American President has followed this up with a "bold" move of declaring that he and another group of unelected, chosen stooges will now redesign the entire automotive industry and will even be the guarantee of automobile policies (guarantees) . I am sure that if given the chance they would happily try and redesign it for the whole of the world, too. Prime Minister Putin, less than two months ago, warned Obama and U.K.'s Blair, not to follow the path to Marxism, it only leads to disaster. Apparently, even though we suffered 70 years of this Western sponsored horror show, we know nothing, as foolish, drunken Russians, so let our "wise" Anglo-Saxon fools find out the folly of their own pride.

Again, the American public has taken this with barely a whimper. . .but a "freeman" whimper.

So, should it be any surprise to discover that the democratically controlled Congress of America is working on passing a new regulation that would give the American Treasury Department the power to set "fair" maximum salaries, evaluate performance, and control how private companies give out pay raises and bonuses? Senator (actually "Congressman" ) Barney Franks . . . and his Marxist enlightenment has led this effort. He stresses that this only affects companies that receive government monies, but it is retroactive and taken to a logical extreme, this would include any company or industry that has ever received a tax break or incentive.

The Russian owners of American companies and industries should look thoughtfully at this and the option of closing their facilities down and fleeing the land of the Red as fast as possible. In other words, divest while there is still value left.

The proud American will go down into his slavery without a fight, bea ting his chest and proclaiming to the world, how free he really is. The world will only snicker." - Stanislav Mishin

I personally applaud President Obama for trying to "reset" our relations with Russia, which had become strained under President Bush. Russia and America should now be allies and very good friends. However, President Obama has some basic misunderstandings about Russia, just as he obviously does about America.

Russia is in fact going in the opposite direction of the United States, gradually being liberated from the most terrible of all human yokes of bondage, Marxism, and they accurately now see America falling to this ultimate evil. Regardless of the distorted picture the American media has presented about Russia and Putin in particular, they are determined to forever be free of Marxism because they have experienced its evils firsthand. No one knows better that Marxism has never worked, and can never work, better than those who have been under its terrible yoke.

Prime Minister Putin did bring increasing control over Russia, but it was not for the reasons assumed by most in the West. When someone has been in prison for more than just a few months, with but rare exceptions, their "decision maker" gets broken, and they have a hard time making even the most basic personal decisions. For this reason, recently freed prisoners have a hard time coping with freedom that comes at them too fast. This is why many released prisoners have such a hard time being free that they will commit crimes and purposely get caught in order to go back to prison where they feel more secure. In this same way, Russia had been in prison for more than seventy years and few Russians were able to cope with their new freedoms. Some even started desiring communism again where their lives were controlled for them.

However, returning to communism economically was not possible because communism will bankrupt even the wealthiest nation fast, and Russia was bankrupt. With the vacuum being quickly filled by organized crime, Putin brought back a measure of control until the people could grow in the decisiveness needed for true freedom, and he has done this without resorting back to Marxism. Marxism does not work, and it is the ultimate form of human slavery, plundering mankind of not only its wealth, but of its most basic humanity.

China also learned that Marxism does not work and they gradually freed their people economically. As the people have learned to cope with this freedom and prosper, they are demanding freedom in other areas too and are gradually getting them. To the astonishment of the Chinese and the Russians, America is going in the opposite direction, fast! Even the President of France chided the Obama Administration that their economic policies were "paving a road to hell."

Just as Russia had to reign in freedom because it was given too fast for the people to cope with it, the fast Marxist changes that the Obama Administration is trying to impose on America are starting to create a big kickback. The Town Hall Meetings that began with the outrage about the Health Care legislation proposed in HR3200 is quickly becoming much larger in scope, as well it should. The mentality behind HR3200 and other recent legislation is becoming clearer, and is shocking and waking up America to what is really being imposed on us.

Studies have shown that America is a center-right nation. If you had a scale of 1 to 10, with one being the extreme left, and 10 being the extreme right, America would be a 6.5. After the shocking economic earthquake in the last year=2 0of the Bush Administration, America was willing to move a little more to the left, which has proven it is always willing to do under economic shaking. However, most were expecting Obama to govern from the center, and maybe try to take America to a 4 on the scale, but almost no one foresaw the jerking of America to the extreme left that has come. Contrary to the editorial in Pravda, it is not likely that America will go this way as "sheeple," but will resist with increasing resolve. If the Obama Administration is not pushed back to the center fast, we will see tensions rising with corresponding speed the way the nation has been jerked to the left.

It is already becoming widely discussed that we are now in the biggest constitutional crisis since the Civil War. If this tension is not removed by a turning back to the center by Obama quickly, the next few months may be some of the most intense America has experienced internally since the Civil War. How this will go will become clear soon after Congress comes back into session. It is obvious that there is now much more than our economy and our health care system that is at stake. We, therefore, must ask ourselves right now two most important questions:

What should we do as Christians?

What should we do as citizens?

A
A
Tovarish, We never use "parliament" in the US for the federal representative branch, it's "Congress," with two constituent bodies: "House of Representatives" and "Senate". The House of Representatives is sometimes called just the house.

Pravda is still a fairly biased source, when it comes to the US.

OP Offline
LOL! My friend, I would be careful calling a member of the Ру́сская Правосла́вная Це́рковь Заграни́цей товарищ! At best you'll get a dress down, at worst, a fist.

Actually, to any Russian, to call someone tovarish(comrade) is to imply that they are a member of the communist party, which as a monarchist, I can assure you I am not.

Actually I find Pravda to be less biased than the New York Times or Washington Post. Sad state of affairs, is it not?

L
L

I posted this article some time ago on another site and it did not go over well. Still, I think it's a pretty accurate view of America in the 21st Century. Reminds me of the story about the aide to Senator Joe McCarthy of Blessed Memory, who took a tour of Moscow, and while at a University asked the tour guide what percentage of the faculty were members of the Communist Party. The guide said he didn't know the answer but estimated it would be around 60 pct, to which the McCarthy aide replied that at the University of Wisconsin in Madison it's higher than that.

The Pravda editorial projects a very frightening future for America and a minority of Americans (probably 20-30 per cent) are aware of these aspects.

That being said, I think the impact is meant for domestic purposes (the Russian people.) By emphasizing the weaknesses of America it strengthens the hand of Putin and his consolidation of power and quieting of dissension.

Take it with a grain of salt...actually a salt shaker. Still, is it not surprising that the American media, after highlighting the European Bush-bashing, is strangely silent regarding Pravda's comments?

Fr Deacon Paul

E
E
Pravda isn't really comparable to the New York Times or Washington Post... it used to be government propaganda and now it's just a really goofy tabloid.

We are not close to a bottom-up revolution. I think the author simplifies and generalizes the state of our public education.

Terry

A
A
Originally Posted by Slavipodvizhnik
LOL! My friend, I would be careful calling a member of the Ру́сская Правосла́вная Це́рковь Заграни́цей товарищ! At best you'll get a dress down, at worst, a fist.

Actually, to any Russian, to call someone tovarish(comrade) is to imply that they are a member of the communist party, which as a monarchist, I can assure you I am not.

Actually I find Pravda to be less biased than the New York Times or Washington Post. Sad state of affairs, is it not?

My instructor of russian was a defector; former podpolkovnik v KGB... that connotation of tovarish was never an issue, and tovarish doesn't seem to carry the same negative connotation amongst the Alaskan Russian speakers, either.

And yes, the NYT is biased, badly... but in a different direction from Pravda. My preference for international news is the Moscow Times.

L
L
This is just silly. It's pure propaganda which cannot be taken seriously. I'll take American leadership in the world any day over Mr. Putin's authoritarianism and warmongering (for example against the independent, sovereign Orthodox nation of Georgia [en.wikipedia.org]).

OP Offline
Originally Posted by Latin Catholic
This is just silly. It's pure propaganda which cannot be taken seriously. I'll take American leadership in the world any day over Mr. Putin's authoritarianism and warmongering (for example against the independent, sovereign Orthodox nation of Georgia [en.wikipedia.org]).

Just who invaded who in South Ossetia? Now that the smoke has cleared, it is pretty evident just who started that mess, and hint, it wasn't Russia.

It is pretty pathetic when a former KGB agent rebukes you for being a Marxist.

I can't wait for the elections when we can throw the bums out.

Last edited by Deacon Borislav; 10/13/09 01:53 AM.

Moderated by  Irish Melkite, theophan 

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.