The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Annapolis Melkites, Daniel Hoseiny, PaulV, ungvar1900, Donna Zoll
5,993 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
2 members (Filipe YTOL, 1 invisible), 388 guests, and 51 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,394
Posts416,750
Members5,993
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14
Global Moderator
OP Offline
Global Moderator
Originally Posted by domilsean
Christ the Savior Orthodox Church (OCA)is a mission parish down in Dagsboro, DE, near the Delaware beaches and Ocean City, MD.

Fr John maintains a really excellent website:
http://www.orthodoxdelmarva.org/

But I think he's one of the masterminds behind orthodoxyinamerica.org

Indeed he is (as well as being the son-in-law of our own Father David (Straut))

Many years,

Neil

"One day all our ethnic traits ... will have disappeared. Time itself is seeing to this. And so we can not think of our communities as ethnic parishes, ... unless we wish to assure the death of our community."
Global Moderator
OP Offline
Global Moderator
Originally Posted by Bohdan
St. Andrew's Ukrainian Orthodox Church- Kyivan Patriarchate has just constructed a new website.... http://en.standrewuoc.com/
It has some beautiful pictures from Palm Sunday. Enjoy...

Bohdan,

Very nice and, at a quick glance, looks to be fully bilingual. I'm impressed with both the quality and quantity of information presented.

Many years,

Neil

"One day all our ethnic traits ... will have disappeared. Time itself is seeing to this. And so we can not think of our communities as ethnic parishes, ... unless we wish to assure the death of our community."
Well, this is from my Latin rite (Anglican Use) parish; some of you may be interested (I'm only posting on an Eastern forum since somebody posted an Episcopalian site a while back, so I thought a Catholic church which uses similar worship would be fair game---besides, I wouldn't be a good parishioner, if I didn't do something to spread our name out, would I? :)).

www.atonementonline.com [atonementonline.com]

For a history of the Anglican Use Roman Catholic parishes, go to the "Church" side of the website upon entering the link, go to "Links", under "Anglican Use" click on "The Pastoral Provision" (another website), click on "History".

Last edited by Irish Melkite; 04/01/10 10:19 PM.
Now, to balance that, here is the website for St. George Maronite Catholic Church in San Antonio, TX. I went to their Rite of the Lamp (with Anaphora, that is, Eucharistic prayer & Holu Communion after the Rite) yesterday.

http://www.stgeorgesa.org/

Last edited by Irish Melkite; 04/01/10 10:18 PM. Reason: hyperlink
Global Moderator
OP Offline
Global Moderator
Originally Posted by seraphim09
Well, this is from my Latin rite (Anglican Use) parish; some of you may be interested (I'm only posting on an Eastern forum since somebody posted an Episcopalian site a while back, so I thought a Catholic church which uses similar worship would be fair game---besides, I wouldn't be a good parishioner, if I didn't do something to spread our name out, would I? :)).

seraphim,

Not an issue - the whole point of this thread is to let folks see the kinds of techniques that parishes are using on their websites to evangelize and to teach and edify and give folks ideas and encouragement to either improve existing or create parish websites (since so many are still w/o them - which makes no sense in this day and age). A lot of those ideas cross the bounds of Churches - sui iuris or otherwise.

Many years,

Neil

Global Moderator
OP Offline
Global Moderator
Originally Posted by seraphim09
Now, to balance that, here is the website for St. George Maronite Catholic Church in San Antonio, TX. I went to their Rite of the Lamp (with Anaphora, that is, Eucharistic prayer & Holu Communion after the Rite) yesterday.

http://www.stgeorgesa.org/

I will always remember this parish, its people, and Father Wladimir Akeekee of blessed memory, with great fondness. Forty years ago and for almost a year, St George's was the sole connection to the East for a young Melkite 2nd Lieutenant stationed at Fort Sam.

Many years,

Neil

Global Moderator
OP Offline
Global Moderator
It's been a while since any sites have been added here. Although I'm virtually certain this site has been linked previously, I happened to view it tonight and, unless I am very much mistaken, it's had some extensive work done and is even more impressive than I remember from before.

St George UGCC [saintgeorgepittsburgh.org], the parish of our own Father Valerian.

Many years,

Neil

F
F
Dear Neil,

Glory to IC XC!

Thank you for your kind words. I highly recommend our webmaster Bob. For more info on his work please visit: http://www.ecwnet.org/

Have a Blessed day!

Fr. Valerian

St. Athanasius in Indianapolis recently updated their website.
It contains videos and pictures from recent liturgies and healing services. Please check out: http://www.saindy.com/

Saint Elias in Ontario has recently redone their website. The format has been considerably updated and the pink background color is gone for good.

Saint Elias UGCC [saintelias.com]

Global Moderator
OP Offline
Global Moderator
Dr Henry,

The revamped website is very nicely done.

Thymiato,

Thanks for the update on St Elias. I see that the site has retained its excellence.

As to the old color scheme, my 6 year old will miss 'the pretty cran-raspberry with ginger ale and vanilla ice cream page' - but, only she biggrin .

Many years,

Neil

Global Moderator
OP Offline
Global Moderator
This website, St Elias Maronite in Birmingham, AL [97.65.18.158] has changed since I looked at it last. I don't recollect its former style and content as being particularly noteworthy (it wasn't a site that I chose to post here), but the new style is very unusual - almost businesslike. I can't say that I'm much in favor of it - but, I'll be curious what the reaction is of others.

Many years,

Neil

Presentation of Our Lord UGCC in Lansdale PA is in desperate need of a descent website as well as St Anne's UGCC in Warrington PA. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here you can see there not all that great.

http://www.presentationukrainiancc.com/

http://stanneukrainiancc.com/

Last edited by bkovacs; 07/18/10 05:29 PM.
Global Moderator
OP Offline
Global Moderator
bkovacs,

I checked them out and I have to say that St Anne's isn't bad. It could definitely use a touch of color; it's bland and not eye-catching. However, from a content standpoint, it's pretty good. The Weekly Bulletin is there, contact info, nice photo array, parish news, and a brief but detailed history. I wish there was some educational material, but that's true of more than a few parishes.

Presentation is another story. It's obviously a vibrant parish - witness the many activities highlighted at the site. There is a single educational page (at the "Traditions" link), explaining the "Ukrainian Three-Bar Cross", but it's otherwise devoid of religious educational material. Overall, though, the site is way too heavy on 'the things we do to raise money', not on the things we do to worship God.

Still, the sites exist - it's a start. I've talked before - if not in this thread, about the need to develop parish sites. Both of these have obviously got webmasters with the skills to maintain them, but the burden for content development should not necessarily rest on the webmaster (unless he/she feels competent to do so and has the materials/knowledge to provide content), nor can the priest, who has myriad responsibilities already, be the one responsible. Perhaps, the parish religious ed staff (who are usually not tasked with teaching in the summer months) might be induced to peruse their materials and offer some relevant info to a webmaster for preparation and inclusion.

Many years,

Neil

Well on the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese's website they have something called web builder for parishes. I think the Antiochians have something similar. Not sure. Why doesn't the UGCC have something like that.

http://www.orthodoxwebbuilder.com/

http://www.antiochian.org/parish_web_resources

Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14

Moderated by  Fr. Deacon Lance 

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.